Escape the Rewind - JR 01

also how fast the game is made doesnt really matter to me, and this idea has been rolling around in my head for centries

though its kind of impressive how fast your game was made.

1 Like

Yeah, it was more of showing what I was able to accomplish lol and the ideas I have later on, but I’ll probably never have that much free time again.

this game im making would problably be playable in a month or 2 and the extra game modes might take the same amount of time.

1 Like

I could make lots of progress but 8-bit has disapeared and i have no clear answer for wheather or not someone is willing to be an artist for me

1 Like

Update 1/7/21:

• Checkpoints save coins.
  • Wall slide prevention, you don’t slide if you start your jump next to a wall.
  • Quicker and easier release off of walls, no need to keep pressing a direction to get off walls.
  • Hold to fall, releasing quick fall will cling back to walls, making it better control and time when sliding
  • Later wall stick, it now takes a frame to stick to walls, making it easier for higher jumps and decrease the stickiness.
  • Coin placements changes, due to the jump adjustments.

I’ve many adjustments to the wall jump mechanic, so more feedback would be appreciated. I would like to release this game as a finished Demo, then share it on sites such as itch and newgrounds.

4 Likes

@JR01 I have some suggestions.

1. PLEASE include Arrow Keys as part of movement code

2. The wall jump makes you fall at the end or if you don’t do it quick enough and that is a bit… tedious…

3. A roll? and then maybe a roll-jump? I feel like that would be cool.

1 Like

Thanks for the feedback @The_Kodex, I really appreciate it!

As for now, I plan to finish up the mechanics I have to release this game as a demo. If I come back to this game for a full release, I will definitely add more control and setting options, as well as more feature mechanics to play the game!

As for the jump, thank you on the feedback!
Now I think I have an idea to help with that, I’ll see what I can do after work.

2 Likes

Slap some more levels on, spank some unique boss or puzzle levels, clap together some difficulties, and Hippity hoppity make some more backgrounds and walls and there Steam ready

PS: was me big help

1 Like

Well @Haevoc, I’m about 45 levels short than what I would like to do and with a lot more mechanics to add, plus I would like to redo some of the programming to set for long term project. It will be a while if me and Baron would create such a game.

2 Likes

I was more saying it for a joke but yeah your suppose to do the mechanics first that’s usually how it works unless your me who is just now adding gun mechanics into a a zombie game umm yeah.

Update 1/13/21:

• Changes to the wall slide.
  • Stick from raycast on the way up only, so also can slide all the way down.
  • Slight changes in jump animation for a smoother transition into run.
  • Added delay to run smoke to always be on the ground.
  • Animation order edit.

I mostly tried a few changes with the jump feedback from @The_Kodex. If you or anyone could try the game out again and let me know if the Jumps / Wall Jumps / Slides are good. I’m hoping this could be the last time I edit the game for a while and fully release this as a Demo.

2 Likes

Update 3/19/2021:

• Gear Counter added on Title screen
  • New unlockable option on Title Screen
  • Updated credits

This will be the last major update for the Demo, as well as for the Demo itself is done. The last thing I plan to do is update a few sprites and release the Demo on Newground, Itch, and GameJolt. But after that, I’m fully done with this demo.

As for this update; if you have 100% the game before, I suggest going back into the game. You may find something special for getting all the gears in the game, look under the credits.

4 Likes

I want to make a speedrun category. Max% pacifist.

1 Like

Inspired by super mario sunshine Max% pacifist

Time to 100% the game I guess

also I lost all my saved data

I 100% the first 3 levels before

Pacifist means you cant kill anything… which you cant anyway…
Something like this would only have any% and 100% speedruns.

And sorry to hear that @F3Art, but it would be good practice to rebeat them though.
On the other note, I was able to rebeat the game pretty quick to test this feature.

Also quick update, Press Enter to Instantly restart the level

1 Like

One more Update 3/27/2021:

• Enter is now a quick reload for levels other than the tutorial
  • Sprites updated / added for UI icons
  • An option to change to WASD, ZQSD, and Arrow Keys on tittle screen.
2 Likes

Is ZQSD for a foreign keyboard or something? I’ve never seen that before lol

1 Like

It’s the keyboard layout mainly used in france and belgium.

2 Likes