Examples and Side Projects

Share examples and side projects here!

Also I will make any examples for you if you just ask. If it’s already made by JR_01, Grazer, or Pixel Pizza I will not make it and I’ll only share the link to their example.

3 Likes

Working on this side project right now, not anything but a small penguin game, not even a play screen yet. But I’m working on it every once in a while:

This is a side project game I made for my friends in my Halo Spartan Company.

And this is an example that teaches you how to make alternate costumes in your games!

1 Like

What I’m currently working on:

4 Likes

Umm I don’t want to be rude or anything but isn’t it common Knowledge for someone to program a controller for the controls, or am I too smart. Sorry not trying to be cocky I was just curious.

Maybe for the buttons, but joystick use for movement with a grid from -1 to 1 on both axis (-100 to 100 in Flowlab). The Grid positions can have tools like in this example to set dead zones, Angles and force applied with the thumbsticks to get values that we can use in our own games.

This is mostly focused on the analog data that controllers give out with the thumbsticks and triggers.

3 Likes

Hmm ok that does make it seem like it needs an example.

1 Like

Well it would be very helpful for console users who are relatively new. Which seems pointless for pc users since controllers are just optional attachments, but it could be very important for a new console user. Which I think there does need to be an example so even people like me could figure out the controller behavior, lol.

Which I’m not a console user, but I can see this being very helpful, thanks @JR01.

2 Likes

I use controllers most of the time on PC anyways, its a nice feel when you get it right in Flowlab.
Which is also what I would like to see more of in newer Flowlab games.

I know Starblast Finale is adding the option, and honestly I think it feels a lot better with controllers.

3 Likes

sad poor person noises

2 Likes

Yeah a lot of PC games feel great when playing with controllers because you don’t have to break your fingers stretching them half way a crossed the keyboard just to choose the 9th slot in your hotbar.

There’s a few ways around that, like limiting your hotbar slots or using the wheel on your mouse. But I guess each person uses that different.

Grid Based Mouse Movement Example :slight_smile: 1 and 2 to switch between movement modes. @grazer let me know what you think of it.

Also does anyone know if someone has already done this before?

1 Like

Yeah I made one but it’s actually more complicated because it is isometric.

Her is my Gradual Jumping (Super Mario Style Jumping) example.

2 Likes

Check out my new enemy movement.

1 Like

Link?

1 Like

I think several of us has done something like this lol

3 Likes

Also made this last night to help someone in the Discord, I’m having too much fun with it lol

4 Likes