IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT (Read Desc)

Support community team

4 Likes

seems im a little late to this but welcome back @meburningslime! I hope your getting better and I feel so sorry, hope it works out for you!

3 Likes

welcome back

3 Likes

Hey, @meburningslime!!! It’s been forever! I’m so happy to see you back on the forums after that little absence. I can’t imagine how difficult what you’re going through must be, but just know we’ll be here for you!

Now, replying to what you should make next, I’d say a story based game would really help with releasing some energy. It does for me, anyway. Just do something like going into Google Docs and type of something interesting. The first thing that comes to mind. You could do it several times, too. Then pick one you want to go off, and work up from there. Maybe you’ll like more than one idea, and then you’ll have more than one game possibly.

But you do you, that’s just my suggestion. I do have a few mechanic concepts, though for some games:

1. A sound based game. Basically, know the sounds your hearing. A nearly pitch black game (horror?) and your only navigation is through sounds. That would mean, though, whenever your further away from something, it gets quieter.

2. An idle game. This could go with any concept. Just seems like something that’d be fun to do, tbh.

3. An infinite runner with a double jump and power ups. Pretty self explanatory, but it’d be cool with nice FX and quick puzzles, such as pressing a button or picking up a key before getting to a door.

Just some ideas:) but get better soon, Slime. It’s nice to see you back on here!

4 Likes

Welcome back, @meburningslime! Been a while. Happy to see you didn’t completely leave Flowlab, and even happier that you’re still finding hope and refuge in your hardships with your recent events IRL. Gonna be alright man; if you need something, I’m there. Welcome back! (=

5 Likes

Welcome back @meburningslime! It has certainly been a while since you were here. Like two months? Or maybe three? Anyways, I’m sorry to hear about all those bad things that have happened to you, but the important thing is to not give up. Things may seem dark now, but at the end of the tunnel, there is always light. Though hopefully that light isn’t SCP-001 When Day Breaks.

From my perspective, lots of stuff has happened here. @theglitch055 is recreating one of my old games, @The_Kodex is recreating The Combat Car Adventures, @rcreger announced Sol as his next project, and tomorrow I am announcing another new project that will probably be bigger than anything I’ve created thus far. That’s all just part of what has been going on here.

6 Likes

Not much has changed since the Summer Flowjam, but I’ve created several more examples, as well as a Library game so it’s easier to copy the bundles created from these examples. I also think Pizza released another HighSchoolJacob game last month.

As for topics, I would take a look at my bundle library topic and some topics from TinkerSmith to see some new mechanics with Flowlab.

The Bundle Library is Here! - JR 01

Tales from the TinkerShed

6 Likes

… and I’m here too (:

4 Likes

Thanks everyone for the support! I honestly was only expecting a few old-timers like The Codex to respond, then a couple toxic Daniel Folstons and Crigences telling me to leave. This is truly heartwarming.

There have been at least 17 different scp-001s… Lol
I wasn’t here for the summer flowjam. I did the first two, lost both of them, and decided they were to emotionally devastating for me. @MetaNinja try longer lol

Hi @browngr

4 Likes

hello again meburningslime :smiley:

2 Likes

Hi @pixelknife31lol
Has anyone seen @R0CK?
Also I started a Youtube Channel and got 8 world records on World of Tanks Blitz, as well as one world record on Minecraft BE

4 Likes

Oh and where in the world did the admin guy go? @Mhx_Aîr I think. Idek if he cared about me ever but anyone know what happened to him?

3 Likes

Oh one other small thing. I have been cordially invited to be a beta tester for UNDERDOGS, a new MOBA being released soon!

4 Likes

im just posting this because you can only post 3 reply’s per topic until someone else posts

3 Likes

hey @meburningslime I am so sorry to hear what happened and I was wondering if you had the student acounts backup and running yet
sorry to bother -
edwardi

2 Likes

There’s only been two jams, the third one starts next month. And I won the second one.

But I understand.

2 Likes

hes still here
he just doesent like moderating as toxic trolls just kinda spam flags so he is usually most active on the discord

2 Likes

Dude I’m so sorry for what happened. I’m not gonna ask any personal questions but just know all of flowlab is here for you.

If games is all you have left, let’s make some use to it. Me and few others are making a dungeon defenders inspired game which you’re open to help with.

If anything I’d use this time to make and create prophit from games too as some kind of revenue if you want.

Regardless, Great to have you back! @meburningslime

3 Likes

@browngr - Oops, haha! Sorry. :sweat_smile: If I wrote down everything that happened here, I would probably spend an hour typing. But your HAKK3R 2 game is still worth a mention.
@meburningslime - 17 different SCP-001s? I’ve only heard of When Day Breaks and the Gate Guardian. Dang, I’ve got lots of catching up to do, lol.

3 Likes

Lol thanks all.
Also scp 4999 duplicates that so really 34

2 Likes