[FIXED] Unknown error: Error: Error #1023

I’m trying to oscillate this block in the x direction, and it works when I click play in the Behaviors screen. When I exit out and click play the game, the block moves as it should, but instead of moving left after a certain point it stops and gives the error in the behaviors screen. If anyone has any ideas of why this is erroring or possibly a better solution that would be great. Thanks!

Flowlabscreenshot

I’m not sure why that error code is showing up, but it looks like you have an infinite loop in your logic. The expression output connects back to the beginning and into the extractor, back into the expression input which will just looping forever (or until the computer’s stack memory overflows).

Fix that loop, and I think your problems will be solved. If the goal is just to make your guy move back and forth, there is probably a simpler solution - is that what you’re trying to do?

Yes that is what I was trying to do. I couldn’t think of an easier way to oscillate back and forth. The goal was to create an increasing in velocity oscillating character, however I never got past a basic back and forth movement.

Here’s another potential solution that you might consider: http://flowlab.io/game/view/689646

Thank you!