FlowFx - Make Particles in Flowlab!

flowlab particle system

3 Likes

@todorrobot Yeah, the export process could be better, but we’re dependant on a flowlab update that allows us to import/copy bigger amounts of text.

Adding the tutorial to the engine itself is a nice idea too, and shouldn’t be too hard.

thanks for the feedback! :smiley:

@Jaiden_Yabuki Ahahah thanks, I appreciate it

@LMTPE Yeah, It’s trying to be

5 Likes

Make it so it works on my iMac without showing a black screen and never loads :slight_smile: :+1:

I don’t have an iMac, and I don’t think JR has one either. So if you and @ManiacPumpkin want to help us and test it on those devices, your help is more than welcome :slight_smile:

Y’all can message me here or on Discord: Samuel Tomé#9035

3 Likes

I don’t know what there is to say and help with, it’s not a game bug. It’s a flowlab bug or iMacs just can’t run larger projects like these on flowlab. :man_shrugging:

It’s probably how demanding the game is, usually needing more RAM and CPU.
I have some performance improvements in mind that should help it run, but it will be a while before I get those in…

3 Likes

As long as I can use it before I’m an adult I think it should be fine. :slight_smile:

I can’t wait that long.

2 Likes

I haven’t posted any opinions on the FlowFx yet as I haven’t tried them yet. They look amazing, I just need to find the right kind of project to start testing them out on.

3 Likes

Well,

I started making my own “FlowFX” in secrecy a little over a year ago, called “Cri-Particle Engine”. But due to me mostly pulling out of Flowlab in favor of greener pastures (And still doing so), I never finished it. And now, I suddenly found out that 2 giants of the community beat me to it, and that we apparently used roughly the same techniques as one another but in complete isolation, lol

It kinda stung, not gonna lie, but I hope PixelPizza and JR_01’s engine sees wide-spread adoption regardless. Good job beating me to it!

4 Likes

I’m not really sure why you feel that it was a race or something. We didn’t even know you were doing it.
But oh well, I think you can look at this on the bright side:

1. There is now a particle system, which means you can freely use it and now focus on something else (And you didn’t even had to waste an entire year doing it ahah)

2. If you still want to do your particle system, you are obviously free to do so, and you can even improve or add stuff that our system doesn’t have.

It’s all about perspective. We are all here to just make games, help other people and have fun. So, no need to feel bummed about it. :slight_smile:

10 Likes

i dont think i will ever stop using this

4 Likes

Ahahah thanks, that’s nice to hear :smiley:

3 Likes

Woah this is legitness*10000000!
Good results as always :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Why did nobody tell me about this earlier?

5 Likes

(Sorry for Reviving this topic) I just found this (PixelPizza’s Bio mentioned a tool). It’s a fabulous tool. The effects are even copyable (The ID). I never thought something like this was possible. I could experiment with this for the rest of my life.

5 Likes

Omggg thank you so much! :blush::blush:
This is an Open discussion so feel free to comment any time.
I’m glad you liked it. I want to update it so bad but theres so many things with Higher priority, that being Said, cant wait to bring new stuff and improve this.

5 Likes

agreed

4 Likes

@Samuel_PixelPizza, how do I put the FX I make into a game?

1 Like

Hi! Thanks for commenting :smiley:
You can watch the Tutorial that goes over the entire process (making → importing) here:

The Tutorial link is also inside the example, as well as step by step text instructions

2 Likes

Thanks! I’ll follow the tutorial! :smiley:

2 Likes