FLOWJAM 2: Electric Rougarou

Try my game and let me know what you think… it has some interesting features, like the tutorial, which will only play once. If you refresh you’ll notice it skips the tutorial and brings you directly to the main menu.

This game will also remember you’re settings, so if you choose a specific song and volumes, and refresh it will recall you’re selections.

I ran into some issues with the global high score mechanic, and thanks to @JR01 for some assistance, I think it’s working…

I Hope you enjoy it!

4 Likes

Can’t wait to give it a try!:smiley:

3 Likes

@Bmarzi Great game! The logic for the building spawns is awesome. Really slick stuff.

3 Likes

Wow, I’m stuck to this game. It’s probably my favorite one I’ve played so far, maybe because I love the cyber-city feel. The art is visually pleasing and everything runs smoothly. Can’t wait for the leaderboard, my highest score is 35!

2 Likes

Thank you to both of you!

I started with the name, which I thought was hilarious. For those who don’t know, a rougarou is a french/cajun werewolf; then with electric I immediately thought cyberpunk. I also have a hard time getting away from artwork with black outlines, so I used this as an exercise to force myself to not do that… and if you notice I only used 9 colors.

There are a few side scroll/running games that I found on FlowLab, and I borrowed ideas from them all.

I’m glad you liked it.

3 Likes

Has anyone seen any glitches with the high score?

3 Likes

Haven’t found anything as of yet - but I’mma test on mobile and see

2 Likes

Really cool art direction and style for this game! I also found the menu to be very clean and polished. My only gripe is the gameplay doesn’t do a whole lot to spice it up (unless it does the father you get). Overall this was a great entry and I enjoyed the titular pun :joy:

3 Likes

I like the polished look but it is a little too similiar to this example: Flowlab Game Creator - Endless Runner

2 Likes

Thanks guys…

@Greggo I was thinking of adding speed ups and downs to make it harder, but it proved too difficult in the 2 week window. Perhaps I’ll still add those, or beginner/advanced style levels where the more advance it goes faster.

@Johnny_boy I certainly used that game, among others, as a basis… but throughout time there are a bunch of similar games. So I worried about how to make it my own as well as hit all 4 themes.

4 Likes

I really am amazed on the art you did, that title screen is one perfect for mobile.
On the gameplay side, on rare cases I get the lowest building and then the highest building and just not able to get over the Jump.

3 Likes

I noticed that too but decided it was the only thing that makes it difficult… other wise it’s be way too easy.

2 Likes

Yeah I understand

2 Likes