Flowjam 2022 Recap Video

Hey! :wave: do you guys want to do a video showcasing all the Flowjam games?

I thought it would be cool to show some clips as we discussed here:

I don’t mind doing the video editing if it’s doable in under one week. But it would be great if the community submitted footage or ideas for the video.

What do you think?

11 Likes

Yes :slightly_smiling_face: :+1:

2 Likes

I would, but how do we send video clips? The forums aren’t exactly fond of videos cause I’ve tried posting many short clips on here prior. Do we send by email?

2 Likes

Discord maybe.

Also, I would love to see this considering I didn’t get to play all the games because I didn’t participate in the jam.

3 Likes

Use streamable to upload clips its very good for this sort of thing
also love the idea flowlab needs more youtube attention!

1 Like

I love this idea!

2 Likes

Great idea! I believe that the day(s) this happens will be

2 Likes

I remember someone also mentioning making a video about all the impactful games in 2021, both of these are great, however.

3 Likes

I think we can use streamable, as @cailem02 said, or some other video upload site.

I recorded a game clip, on fullscreen (for better resolution), created an account on streamable/uploaded, and copied the link to here:

Does it work? I have to post it to know for sure.

Or using Imgur (random clip to test imgur videos):

EDIT:

Okay, streamable works best because it doesn’t compress the videos, so y’all could send clips of your games (like cool highlights or just gameplay), or clips of games from other people.
That would help a lot in the creation of the video :smiley:

6 Likes

How long should our clips be?

3 Likes

Are the clips supposed to be from the flowjam or from 2021 games?

3 Likes

@chrisdakiller, as long or short as you want it to be, I can then later cut it when editing it. :smiley:

@Galactian Just from the Flowjam 2022 games, because it’s a video about flowjam 2022. :+1:

4 Likes

That one person who does a 5 second speedrun of Shattering Steel:

10 Likes

I would love to help with this! Should we only gather clips from our own Flowjam game or whatever games we choose from the Flowjam lineup?

6 Likes

Again, it can be both. The goal is to have at least one clip for each game. :blush:

4 Likes

When I get home I’mma try to record a good run on Transmutation.

5 Likes

Would this work?
Not sure if there’s a specific aspect ratio you wanted.

7 Likes

heh, I remember that spot got stuck between the Ice and the wall. The game also lagged like crazy cause I have a bad computer. How would you like the clip to be sent? Not sure if I’ll have time though because I might forget and I’m really busy.

4 Likes

I can record some clips for you, I just have a few questions. Do we want clips from all 44 of the Flowjam games to be included as well, and if so, how do we know if clips have been recorded for that game to avoid overlap? Also, is streamable the best option for you?

5 Likes

@glowbug That’s perfect, thanks!
If you record the videos in fullscreen the resolution is perfect. Cropping is also fine I think, but that means I Will have to add a background to the video? Not sure, we will have to see.

The video is going to be 16:9 since it’s for YouTube.

@CodeAlpaca Cool, you can share the videos here using streamable shareable links, as I said before.:sparkles:

@Recryptech Each person doesn’t need to submit a video for all games, it can be your game and some others. And it’s okay if a game has more footage than others.
If some game doesn’t get a clip, I will record it myself.
And yes I think streamable is the best way to share the videos here.

Thanks for the help so far everyone! :blush:

4 Likes