FLOWJAM GAME - Estella And the Four Foods of Existence (Updates)

Yes, I’m making a game.

4 Likes

Update sneak peak #1

5 Likes

Looks great already!

2 Likes

Tonight’s updates:

(Movement not moment)
also yes, the link is available in the discord server if you’d like to play it. Otherwise, you’re out of luck until I submit.

2 Likes

Update sneak peak #2

5 Likes

Alright, now goodnight.

2 Likes

Shall I post the link here? I honestly have decided that I don’t mind people seeing it before the submission. But, I don’t know what everyone else wants, so let me know in this poll.

Link or not yet?
  • Link now
  • Link when submitted

0 voters

2 Likes

Just worked on visuals for today, I want to do the next main mechanic but it seems very difficult and I’ll need more time. I’ll do it this weekend.
Sneak peak photo #3:

5 Likes

stopping at the 3rd vote, or by tomorrow morning.

3 Likes

wow that is very spicy :0

3 Likes

Alright, here’s the link:

(The first level is a WIP cutscene, so go to the editor to level 2 for the game in the screenshots. Full screen makes it so much better. Also I’m aware that the inventory can be buggy if you collect items too fast in a row. I’ll have them more spread out in the main game so this will not be an issue. Thanks!

2 Likes

also at the moment I’m mostly looking for design and art feedback rather than other feedback. I want to have the main stuff down before everyone gives feedback on the code and systems I have set up into the game.

2 Likes

Really nice art style, fits the game well.

3 Likes

Since the link is now public, these photos are no longer sneak perks, but they might get you interested in trying out the game?

4 Likes

Updates

• Finished cutscene intro for story (took way too long, and needs polishing)
  • Added instructions screen
  • added anvil, not coded yet
  • added decoration around door
  • created background props for the desert, moon, and the unknown (found and used in the cutscene/intro).
    @CodeAlpaca @DraftyScienceCoat75 @hihilogic
5 Likes

Link to game (if you don’t want to scroll up):

3 Likes

Loving the game so far!

4 Likes
3 Likes

@DraftyScienceCoat75 @CodeAlpaca @hihilogic

4 Likes

Who would like to test? Flowlab Game Creator - Estella And the Four Foods of Existence
Added:

• Transforming (need 4 apples to make the apple pie)
    That took too long. Also, there’s a bug with collecting things, it’ll skip a spot in the inventory — it’s just visual so if you collect all the apples you can still make the apple pie, but if you’d like to prevent it wait 1 to 2 seconds before picking up another apple.
  • Made the moon/space (moonshine) door and the unknown door (jam).
2 Likes