Flowjam Summer 2023 Tier List Template

It was one of those games that didn’t work at all for me. Infinite loop or something crashed my computer when I tried to play (and I tried to play several times). So take your review in particular with a boatload of salt because I never got to play it. Would you like me try again today?

The game has long loading times, just wait a while and the level will load

1 Like

It’s a pretty large level

1 Like

Did Elementally my dear watson break in a specific place or after a certain action? I had a lot of things happen during testing but i dont think i ever got stuck anywhere bc of camera.

2 Likes

I got stuck in your game because after I collected some items, I just wasn’t allowed to go back to the place I was.

1 Like

Couldn’t leave the clock. Everything up to that point worked fine, but since I hadn’t found many clues, I had no idea what the solution was, and there was no exit button that I could see. I refreshed and the game completely restarted so I moved on because it was late. Would you like me to try again?

unique and brand new
-dwgamemaster

So, I started level 1. I went to the restroom and came back and it was still loading. When it was finally done loading, I was pleasantly surprised! The game functions really well, is polished, and looks great! The powers are good and easy to switch (not a big fan of the “number keys to switch” situation) so that’s good. I have no idea what the brain does, and that leads me back to the load times. I’m sure the brain had a purpose- a use later on- but I never got there, because every time I died, I had to wait about a minute (I timed it) for the game to reload. I waited twice, but after that I decided I would rate the game for what I had seen. It certainly isn’t worthy of Dolphin, but I don’t think it is quite Barnacle level either. The poor optimization lands Element Alcazar at a high Crab tier. Not bad at all!

Did you play the tutorial? It explains the game.

1 Like

No I did not. I experimented a little to find out what the powers did (except brain, ig), because the powers were decently straightforward and well utilized. Like how how air boosts you, but fire shoots you like a rocket. How air can be used as a knock back weapon. And of course there is always the good ol’ shoot ‘em directly.

1 Like

um element alcazar uses number keys to switch… Oh I see…

1 Like

Much better than number keys imo. But I’m glad he put both in. Options are always better.

If you click on the clock face when youre in it, it will (should) minimize and let you back to wandering around. Some of the collisions and trigger areas are a little sensitive. (As in you can only access the record player from the right side not the left. Same with the fireplace too i think. You have to be on the right set of footprints currently. Give it another whirl when you have the time. It works and is beatable, its just a lil janky in places.

1 Like

you can hold down right click to get an ability circle, you can then select abilities from there, i really should’ve made the tutorial mandatory since the game is intended to have you play the tutorial

1 Like

I know. I’ve said that that’s the method I used, and that I figured it out very early on

1 Like

I will replay your game once I have time today. Looking forward to it

1 Like

No, I am not a B. Stop lying, I take this sort of thing seriously, and am likely an E.

If anything I feel it was generous. I don’t believe my game deserves C tier.

nah, probably should be bottom B though.

@todorrobot Okay, this game is actually pretty neat! My small brain couldn’t figure much out before the time limit, but what I did figure out was pretty interesting. It reminded me a lot of The Room games. The art and music were good (but I knew that before), but I gotta say Sherlock has a huuuuuge room. It was fun to navigate and figure stuff out, I just don’t think the time limit was long enough. Aside from that, though, it was solid. It is a little buggy, but still fun and I’d say this game gets a high Barnacle tier for now. Nice game!

2 Likes