Flowlab: All Stars team discussion

I know why multiplayer isnt working you have to make the players shared objects @XXD3G

The players must be “player objects” not shared objects @edwardi

1 Like

shared objects will work like players but the game wont have to try to find 2 of every player object in the game so it does not know what to spawn

1 Like

Aight then! I can’t sit here and act like I know anything about online multiplayer sooo…

1 Like

what the game does when online mode loads is it looks to spawn 2 of every player object but flowlab is designed to only have one player object at a time so then it doesn’t know what to load thus the characters not loading

1 Like

Excuse me, I have an objection to make. I posted this in a different discussion where edwardi made the same thing, and I don’t think he is correct.

If the player objects were set to Multiplayer Shared, the object could be controlled by everyone, which can create confusion and bad gameplay. Multiplayer Player objects spawn one of these objects for every player in the level, and each object can only be controlled by the player who has been assigned that object. If what you said here was true:

…then none of the multiplayer games on Flowlab would work properly, because everyone would just control the same object. Multiplayer Shared objects are best used for stuff that need to share the same position throughout all player’s screens, such as pushable crates and enemies.

1 Like

well then im out of ideas

1 Like

@edwardi @Ramshacklegamestudios could you make the objects “player 1”, and “player 2” shared objects?

there we go(2022020202020)

1 Like

thanks lets try it now.

could you also make the “spawner” a player object? thanks so much!

I want to join a team, I just don’t know what i’m good at.

1 Like

do you have indie @The_KWASM ?

HOLY BLEEP there was alot of notifications, is it fixed?

nope, idk what to do, but i have a easier idea

What is it? SSSSSSSS

@edwardi im wanted to make a online multiplayer game called Super blocky adventure, its a adventure side scroller game (kinda like super Mario bros) but you play with your friends (4 player game) to stop the evil omega from destroying your world.

you thinkin about making something else as a break?

@The_Undying @edwardi i was hoping we could use that idea to take a break from FAS cuz this would be easier. i understand multiplayer functions now

can other people share thier game for the team?