Flowlab Animation Series (OTC Of Destiny here we go.)

I don’t do social media. Aside from game forums and stuff. But I honestly mean it, Supernatural is awesome. Definitely makes my top 5 favorite TV series.

4 Likes

bruh im still making this animation how is this taking so long

5 Likes

I honestly hope I’m not even in it. So that should save you some time.

I won’t consider myself part of the “community” until I make a game that the community appreciates. Until then, consider me a nobody.

Nobody appreciates all games unless someone that grazer likes makes it. It’s community politics. :angry:

3 Likes

That’s okay by me. I got “run off” from my last Discourse forum for excessively criticizing the devs for their :poop: work. Apparently being bluntly honest makes me a “troll”. LOL

3 Likes

Some people like the off topic stuff, some people call it not appropriate for a developer forum. That’s pretty much the politics right now.

3 Likes

Developers are people too, yes? Real people are not video game template characters with generic storylines. I enjoy off topic conversations, as long as they don’t delve into drama.

When I’m on break at work, I don’t really want to talk about work. I like getting to know my coworkers on other levels. Doesn’t mean I need to hear their whole life story, but learning what kind of stuff they’re into outside of work can help me understand them better.

2 Likes

Yeah, I made a game for the flowjam and it was really liked by most free users since it was a game made with free edition.

Then pixel pizza made a video and it showed clips from every single flowjam game except mine.
I honestly don’t mind it much, but it would be nice to be included sometimes.

That’s why I left the discord cause everyone ignores you and only really care about their current goal.

3 Likes

I do get the impression that the Discord is mostly a “members only” club. I figure it will take a while before I’m accepted as a “real” Flowlabian (?)

3 Likes

Yeah, after I got fourth place I figured I would be recognized a little more, but I’m still kinda a noob to them.

It’s mostly users who have been around on the older versions of flowlab, which I didn’t even hear about it until 2018 so I’m still a little new compared to long time users.

Meburningslime has been on for a while now as well, but most of them seem to ignore him too so I’m not entirely sure what the deal is.
Like what you said it’s more of a members club or friendship group sort of thing.

3 Likes

You’ve got me beat by a longshot. I just found this website a couple of months ago, after getting tired of the mobile game I was playing and deciding “hey, if these guys can make hundreds of millions of dollars off of such a cheesy game, I should at least be able to make a fraction of that making my own games”… a quick search led me here. Seemed to be the most newbie friendly, and also offered the opportunity to export games to sell on mobile platforms (which I plan to do eventually, once I’ve honed my skills).

I’m okay with waiting a long time to get a reputation, as long as it’s a mostly positive reputation. Trying not to be the “bad guy” here, or get notorious for making truly awful games. I’ve never been a member of the popular groups anyway. I’d much prefer to be known as “that eccentric weirdo who occasionally makes interesting games” vs. “the popular guy whose games are okay-ish”.

4 Likes

I completely agree with than and I thought the exact same way when I started flowlab myself, lol.

3 Likes

You’ve got a 100 Ducats badge, which must mean something. I paid for my badge, so it means nothing other than “I had $60 available in my bank account” :laughing:

Long term goal for me is to eventually make a basic game fitted for mobile and “good enough” that people might be willing to download it from the play stores for free, with ads… and maybe I get a tiny amount of revenue from the ads, then I add an “expansion pack” or something for 99 cents that is 100% ad free… nothing insane at all like this other game I play where they want you to pay hundreds of dollars a month for random “summons”… not even kidding, some people spend over $100 a month on that game just for a “chance” of getting a good hero… it’s absolutely disgusting and completely pay to win. I don’t even know how it’s legal. I would be perfectly happy to sell the full versions of my games for a dollar per download. I have yet to actually make a “full version” game, but I intend to in the next 11 months or so.

In the meantime, I will try to be a fine upstanding respectable member of the Flowlab forum community. I will accept all advice and criticisms offered to me, and learn what I can from others here, try to help if I can… and I apologize in advance for all the times I will likely go off topic, as my mind has a tendency to wander when not kept on a tight leash. :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

I got the badge for making a song for Grazer. It was a long, hard, and expensive project. Three people helped me out, we’re the only ones with this glorious badge!

3 Likes