Flowlab Battle Pass

You know how in Fortnite there’s a battle pass? I think that what if Flowlab had one? @John_Shrekinson also posted about this in Discord he showed me.
Original post:

2 Likes

What would even be included in this?
I can see it being in a game, but not flowlab.

4 Likes

Flowlab rewards and behaviors I guess? Flowlabbers can level up their battle pass by favoriting other people’s games, having your games featured, other people favoriting your games, winning the Flowjam etc.

2 Likes

that sounds stupid, battle passes are for games not community’s

3 Likes

just want to say that this is literally unfunny to the point where no one thought it was a joke

4 Likes

No. Just… no.

Like everyone said, a battle pass would work better in the games, but not Flowlab itself. I mean… levelling up just to receive behaviors and perks doesn’t sound like a cool idea. Plus, what about the Indie purchase and everything? Is $60 a year really too much?

Well, actually, $60 a year might be a lot for some people. But still, it’s not a bad deal.

4 Likes

I agree with you on almost everything (find out why next April) but even I must admit that this is quite ridiculous. Flowlab absolutely should not have a battle pass, if Halo Infinite :face_vomiting: is anything to go by.

5 Likes

why tho?

yeah that sucks

1 Like
1 Like

What do you mean “why”? Think about it.

Flowlab provides you with the tools necessary to build your own games. Sure, some of those tools are locked behind a paywall (for example, you need to pay for unlimited games, levels, and certain behaviors like achievements and multiplayer), but it has to be this way, otherwise Grazer will have no income to support the website or his family.

Plus, other users like JR 01 and Galactian have shown that really good games can be made with the restrictions of a free user, who already have access to almost all the behaviors from the very start.

Now, if those behaviors needed to be unlocked from having players like your games, having your games featured, etc., very few people are going to have those behaviors available. It is already hard enough to get your games featured, and have loads of people like your games. You would need to be really good at game development in order to reek the benefits and use the most that Flowlab provides.

It’s like restricting good features to those who are good at what they do, and giving the less fortunate really terrible stuff or nothing at all.

I remember that Super Mario Maker had a similar thing, where you needed to upload more courses and get them played/liked in order to unlock more stuff. It kind of works, because Nintendo’s games are really popular. But Flowlab is not quite as popular, so I doubt a system like this would work well. Besides, Nintendo pretty much ditched this concept with Super Mario Maker 2, instead giving users everything from the very beginning.

5 Likes

That is a essay i say right there.

3 Likes

why do you want a battle pass in everything? you commented that you’d like a battlepass in a goddamn math game(i can’t find the post :skull: :skull: :skull:)

5 Likes

puginarug battle pass confirmed?

2 Likes

ok wow that’s extremely reasonable

3 Likes

Here it is puginarug:

2 Likes

I love how you and john use character pictures from pgr as you account profile pictures.

3 Likes

Thank you! We both are fans of that game because John introduced me to it. Please do not reply to me unless we are continuing this discussion in the OTC.

1 Like