Flowlab Christmas Question / Poll 🎄

I have something I’ve been thinking about, and I was hoping that the community could give me some feedback on whether this sounds useful.

It’s almost Christmas, so I was thinking it might be nice to be able to ask for or give away a Flowlab “Year of Indie” digital gift certificate/code/whatever so it would be easy (or possible, really) to give or receive a year of Indie.

So what I’m asking is not really whether you think it’s a good idea in general, but whether you personally would be interested in giving away (or requesting from someone else) a Flowlab digital coupon.

• Yeah, if you built this I’d totally hit up grandma for an upgrade code
  • Nah, maybe sounds cool but it’s not really for me

0 voters

Thanks for reading, and feel free to drop any feedback in this thread :point_down:

10 Likes

Yooo I could totally do this for my friends who are P O O R

2 Likes

…what do you mean by that :neutral_face:

1 Like

Yooo I could totally get an indie membership from my friends who are R I C H

4 Likes

Time to give @Et56 something he’s always wanted…

3 Likes

I went ahead and implemented this:

https://community.flowlab.io/t/just-in-time-for-christmas-flowlab-gift-cards/34411/2

3 Likes

@grazer stupid question… could i use the Christmas sprites for a game lol

1 Like

Also, how would the giving part work? Is it through email? Do you just send a link to them? Do they have to provide certification?
Just wanna know before I spend $60

Ah yes he do be typing

Hey @hihilogic - they work kind of like steam codes which anybody can redeem if they have it. When you buy one you have the option to:

• print the card out and hand it to them with flowers and a box of chocolates (girls really love this one - try it!), so they can type in the code manually
  • click a button to send them the card via email (with a clickable redeem link)
  • literally just tell them the code
  • cut the characters out of a newspaper, glue it to a sheet of paper, and send them a stylish ransom-style note with their code
  • tie the code to a rock and throw it through their window in the middle of the night (no wait, please don’t do that one)

Maybe you can even think of better methods.

4 Likes

1 Like

Hey @Lordkhalton - sorry to disappoint, but the artwork isn’t mine. It’s buy a russian lady who goes by the handle “PixelChoice”:

https://www.google.com/search?q="pixelchoice"+christmas+pixel+art&hl=en&sxsrf=AOaemvLWlfa6A2Ce25oPPqF18k4whNPEiA:1638456364681&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwjLveLMrcX0AhVlkGoFHeMCCjsQ_AUoAXoECAEQAw&biw=1324&bih=697&dpr=2

3 Likes

Aw dang, Time to start slapping pixels

1 Like

0028d990d266bf999bfbdf143f4999f5

1 Like

MY FRIEND IS BACK

Go to the off-topic channel please. Really nice meme by the way. Please delete it from here and repost it there. Thank you in advance. Also don’t revive dead topics.

3 Likes

avatars-000532708956-jsayvx-t240x240

3 Likes

ok
images
better

1 Like