Flowlab Memes ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎

Oh yeah, and a guy named Rylen who’s pretty good at coding.

1 Like
  • Sporkknife (the game with the name we must not say,guns,building,toxic community,for-)
  • Empires & Puzzles (the game TGW plays)

0 voters

1 Like

I never thought I’d vote Sporknife in my life

3 Likes

I fully support game developers and I’m happy to throw a few dollars here and there down on a good game. Heck, I’ve spent $60 for some top end console games. But those were really good games that cost millions of dollars to produce. It’s crazy to me how someone can make some cheesy match-3 title with subpar graphics and a really lame storyline and earn hundreds of millions in profits from it. They put less than 1% of the effort into making their game than most other dedicated developers who charge a fraction of the cost for their games.

3 Likes

World of Tanks is worrying me, it’s above par in everything but slowly becoming a pay to win like War Robots.

3 Likes

https://youtu.be/HnUkzjvD4TU
But… I love the game.

2 Likes

My dad used to play World of Warplanes. He’s the type that doesn’t mind spending money on games here and there, he’s still a dedicated Warcraft player. Even he decided that Warplanes was quickly becoming too pay to win. It wasn’t that he couldn’t afford it, he just got disgusted by it.

4 Likes

Nah, it’s not like that. The game is actually pretty balanced, and the premiums are always matched with other premiums. However, premiums make money faster, so non-premium tanks cost a lot more in-game to balance out the obscene amount of rewards you get, so it’s more grindy on the higher tiers unless you pay money.

3 Likes

The other game I mentioned is much worse. The best heroes in the game are on average about 20% stronger than the “free ones”. It costs about $3 for a summons, and you only have about a 3% chance to get a top level hero from those. So basically it’s about $100 to get one good hero.

You “can” theoretically get them for free, but you have to grind all day just to get one free summon. Grind all day just for a 3% chance of getting something good? LOL. That’s garbage.

4 Likes

There are garbage loot boxes like those in wot, but the premiums you can normally buy are $5 for two premiums.

2 Likes

Plus a million extra boosters and money

Also you can get most of them for free if you grind too, it’s just a lot of grinding.

$5 LOL… you want to see something really stupid?

Here is an example of the “offers” from this mobile phone lootbox fiasco…

Yes, they regularly have $100 offers. And people regularly buy them. :man_facepalming:

EDIT: and no I am not advertising for this game. I am advertising against it. It’s an absolute ripoff!

5 Likes

Let’s get back on topic.Make and send Flowlab memes!

1 Like

2 Likes

I like how this meme thread went into a very philosophical look into the modern game industry.

Mobile games and EA games (and Epic Games in Fortnite) are the hotspots on these type of things, in which I try to avoid. I play mobile games when bored, but ones that are not online and still fun.

A semi-indie studio I highly support and recommend is Remedy Entertainment. They can out with the classic Max Payne games, but haven’t gotten that much attention until 2010 and 2019/2020. They create great stories and worlds that have gone unnoticed by the mass market, which sucks. Highly suggest Alan Wake and Control by them.

7 Likes
2 Likes

Premium or Indie mobile games are legit though @rcreger.

1 Like

unlike our chances of getting back on topic

1 Like

Definitely. Always trust the smaller studios, or ones that have a rep of being consumer friendly.

Also, I don’t think memes have been flying in for a while @LMTPE . If someone would like to make a thread for this, sure. But I think this is a little more serious than the stuff that goes on the OTC and stuff.

4 Likes