Flowlab Memes ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎

i hate impulse for any kind of player movement.

1 Like

Wdym, run & jump bundle is good

1 Like

With a phew mods

good post from beheaded man??? :exploding_head:

bro nooo, horrible post, run & jump is a really bad bundle

2 Likes

With a few mods its pretty good

1 Like

*few
well you pretty much need to delete all of the original code from the bundle to actually make it feel smooth and responsive.

3 Likes

Oh sorry I sometimes rush posts

Run & Jump actually feels great. I tried not using that in Halo: Banished Druglords, and the movement just didn’t feel as good as any of my other [sidescroller] games, all of which used the default bundle for Run & Jump.

1 Like

It’s a generic bundle that is useful for starting out, but it’s not a very smooth or reliable bundle for player movement.

It’s very janky and it’s very sudden movements that make it feel very artificial. Plus it allows the player to jump up alongside walls and clip to objects that shouldn’t happen.

I have used it before and updates it to be somewhat better, but you’re doing more work basically spawning the bundle in and end up removing most of the code for a ton more than it would be to just make a new walking bundle by scratch. For experienced users, I don’t think it’s very good.

5 Likes

Its a video game. It’s supposed to be artificial.

2 Likes

8 Likes

I guess it all really depends on the type of game you’re making.

For me, I want the character to have fluid motion that’s enjoyable to the player and feels right in the game. Games can depict fictitious stories and characters, even though games are used to simulate and artificial world, it should still feel somewhat natural for the player.

Like Mario for example (NES). He can run and jump, but doesn’t stick to walls or climb up them because of collision abuse, making the game unique and enjoyable. If the movement had a ton of bugs, it wouldn’t be viewed as a professional decision, but more of a shortcut for completing a game quicker.

Now I’m not dissing every game on flowlab that uses it, nor will I ever dislike the game because of it, as long as the game can be played and you enjoyed making it, then there’s nothing wrong with it. But if you were seeking to polish up the game by attempting to abolish most of the bugs in the game, updating the run and jump would most likely help.

It’s not the fact that it’s also unnatural movement, but it’s prone to many bugs. With flowlab users who have been on here for as long as you have, most players tend to think more highly of your games than suspecting default bundles and art that was only a place holder for when you first start.

With your knowledge of flowlab being higher than most, I want to see you grow to your full potential of game development than recreate the same thing. I know I’m not the greatest as I usually pursue my Foundation story in most of my newer games, but I always try to use different mechanics and art styles to help improve as a developer overall.

11 Likes

bro fun fact you can find this image online if your search up flowlab memes on google

8 Likes

as a member of the lgbtq community I approve of this msg lol

6 Likes

agreed i love raj with mods

5 Likes

10 Likes

ezgif-2-6505bda1a5

8 Likes

7hzakc

14 Likes

hey jojo imma just use some basic HTML so that no one has to click the link to view the image
Alt text

10 Likes