FlowMadness (game mechanics)

It’s fine just change the colours to green and the head to white so it looks more like Gamougg. Really cool btw.
@theglitch055

4 Likes

I never knew about this topic so Imma just show my character(s)
(Paper Versions)
IMG_20211114_115119
Now lets start:
The first one on the left is Smiley but inactive
In this form he is just a white smiling blob, that CANNOT speedrun minecraft and he just talks about things and barely moves, NOW the TALL black one in the MIDDLE is Smiley but active, he can run fast summon blocks to prevent you from running away from him and he can throw these random black blobs at you, this one never talks and just chases you whenever Mark, or any enemies are in sight, the LAST one is Mark he is a great puzzle solver and attacks his enemies with whatever he has in his hands (example): Mark is holding a newspaper and sees an enemy, he attacks the enemy with his newspaper, BUT Mark is holding a rock he sees his enemy and throws the rock on the enemies head.
Now heres the pixelated versions (WARNING THEY LOOK BAD):
Screenshot 2021-11-14 12.13.32 PM
Screenshot 2021-11-14 10.09.44 AM
Screenshot 2021-11-14 10.09.37 AM
Inactive smiley abilites:
Can turn into blob and cover enemies sight,
Can turn into his active form
If health is low he will become active smiley (when he transforms his health will heal by 50% only once)
Active smiley abilites:
Can throw black blobs at you
Can dodge a lot
Can also use his blocks to prevent any damage
If health is low he will turn back to inactive (when inactive again he will heal to 50% percent but die next time he loses all HP and cannot transform anymore)
Mark abilites:
Whatever he is given he will use in battle (if nothing is given it will be randomized or he uses his fists)
He can dodge a lot.
Special Edit: Inactive Smiley and Active Smiley are the same creature in case you’re confused
AND THATS ALL, goodbye

5 Likes

Never knew about you reply, ill get the sprite and abilities done soon

4 Likes

So,
you haven’t updated this topic in some time. Just want to check in and see how progress is going :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

The game itself isn’t progressing, its mainly just plans currently. However expect a small demo sometime before or slightly after the next flowjam

2 Likes

Here is Raven and I would love to have her added!

f26f15f6e577c7d7616c93d3400110b96fd458d3-3.png
sprite_4
sprite_1

Backstory:

Raven was an apprentice of her mother. She trained everyday to control and harness her power. Her mother was a gate keeper who defended their realm from evil entities, but one day, that evil grew stronger, it consumed her mother, and she became trapped in the realm of darkness. Raven made a promise to herself that she will never let even a speck of darkness hurt anyone ever again and she perfected her magic, becoming the most powerful gate keeper of all eternity.

Abilities:
Soul Punisher: She uses this ability to punish evil souls.
Giga Burst: Burst in a powerful twirl of energy.
Divine Retribution: Move at the speed of light in a fury of chaotic attacks .
Potential Unleashed: Raven concentrates her energy and unleashes it in a powerful explosion.

3 Likes

really cool but way too similar to the DC Comics character in name, design, and abilities.

2 Likes

I actually didn’t realize how similar she was to Raven from DC loll

3 Likes

—Story rework—
Your a new user of flowlab 20 years in the future who suddenly gets trapped inside of the site you have to travel from game to game to find a way to escape while recruiting characters from abandoned and deleted games to help you escape.

—Combat stuff—
In addition to some of the combat mechanics mentioned earlier there’s also a new one, stages. After 7 turns pass in a battle you can activate it, stages apply certain effects to all entities on the field except the user. Stages can last for 3-5 turns before deactivating. After a stage ends the user is disabled for the rest of the remaining battle.

3 Likes

Noice things also hows da work goin?

3 Likes

Not much being done currently, expect raven done by Monday as well as a redesign and rework for a lot of the characters

4 Likes

Jake, theglitch055, gamoug, raven, andboth of the demon things forms are all almost finished, should be posted Wednesday

4 Likes

Nice! Love to see the game progressing!
(also, kinda random but do u happen to have a pixilart???)

1 Like

that sound too epic so ima just post one of my work in progress characters in here

edit: also are you adding different weapons? i got sum ideas

2 Likes

as a weapon I got the portable laser turret (is used like a pistol) put it on any character you want really
mechanic: takes one turn to charge a laser blast and then fires a powerful beam at the enemy. when there’s multiple enemies lined up it damages all of them knocking them out of the blasts way upon hit. it will also knock back without hitting an extra radius for more power

(the white area is the knock without damage)
then of course it will shoot the blast
edit:
ability: breakdown
because this thing was found in the w.i.p area of flowlab after 3 attacks it merges with a weapon from the original game and turns unstable. therefore you have the choice to put it away or let it suck in an enemy killing them and the one using it because its unstable and it explodes

edit#2: actually, i think i have an idea for a character that might use it

3 Likes

character that might use this: sum random robot i just made
story: this things story is well unknown was found in a game with a laser turret by grazer while he was searching the w.i.p closet for help. it seems to be shut down

but… it turns out it can absorb the laser turret. who knew. it powers on and rages with blue energy until its 3rd shot where it self destructs and takes an enemy down. dont worry! i can re-build itself after a bunch of moves
powered form:

mechanics are the same as the laser turrets :wink:
side notes:
tanky and not easy to take down
laser blast has a 25% chance to give a burn and deal extra damage to opponents between turns
without the turret it cannot be used in battle
takes less damage when deciding to do nothing and regain
energy
other than the normal attack it can shoot a smol laser that deals less damage but has no charge and no self destruct
special attack: literally the self-destruct
another special: when shoothing an ememy with the small laser is has a 40% chance to gain one of their abilities exept the glitch ones. Then it also changes color of the blue stripes to one of these:
green, yellow, red, white. as well as the laser to match the color

this is just some concept art and yes, this will be in one of my games

5 Likes

Yes, names Lvl 100 (beans are good)

1 Like

6d80e556b02306f

b78d8203795ac45

242d15fd7b7b7b0

6 Likes

@John_Shrekinson
gammoug
3a085da53f30625
Abilities
Combat experience: being attacked by an enemy with a weapon equipped will raise your speed stat by 2 percent

5 Likes

YO. That is an actually good representation of the character (instead of using the default sprite thing smh)

4 Likes