Forever Night - Vampire Game! (WIP) | Small Update! -- Health Regeneration

The game is definitely far from complete, and the things that are complete I’ll most likely add things on to or change so they’re better. For now, here’s the link:

Looking for feedback on code, art, or ways I can make the game more unique.

If you have any questions feel free to ask me.

3 Likes

Oops… your new text for turning into a bat is now overlapping the travel text.

2 Likes

Yep, I’ll fix it later… I have no power right now, I’m at my grandmas. We had a bad storm last night and it knocked my whole town’s power out.

2 Likes

Ugh… I love storms, but I hate power outages.

And you know I like the artwork and music. Looking forward to the rest of the game!

2 Likes

I’ve finished attacks for AI and player, added health to player and AI (villagers), villager’s spawn a grave on death, which you can stand by to heal, added checkpoints so between level positions save, fixed overlapping text from beginning, added some more vanity sprites (decoration sprites, if that’s what you want to call them).

Going to add new rooms and the such soon!

2 Likes

What if biting the NPCs (assuming you play as a vampire) spawns a grave and after a certain time limit respawns them as either an enemy or ally vampire? This would be a way to recruit members to your team, but can also backfire if the newly reborn NPC chooses to be your enemy.
Btw this is a pretty fun game and I am liking it so far.

2 Likes

Nice progress so far!

2 Likes

This looks pretty cool!
I’ll keep up with your progress :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Oh, I like it! How big do you think your going to make this game when its all done?

2 Likes

I’m hoping he makes it into a full size game with a lot of levels, but I know he’s busy…

Welcome to the forum BTW!

2 Likes

Yeah, it definitely has the potential.

And thank you for the warm welcome!

2 Likes

You’re welcome! I’m fairly new here myself. People here are generally very friendly and helpful, as long as you stay away from the contentious subjects. And Grazer is awesome. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Well, thats good to hear.

I’m probably older than most people here (I’m not that old, but i figure its mostly kids) but I want to learn and just have a fun hobby to do on the side!

2 Likes

I’m probably older than you. There are a lot of young users for sure, but there is an adult crowd also.

2 Likes

Yeah that sounds about right. Like I said I’m only 20, so I figure there are probably quite a bit of people on here older than me, but the forums on websites like these are usually filled with a younger audience.

2 Likes

I’m more than twice your age :laughing:

But yeah, this website is fun, and it’s really cool what you can do with it. I don’t actually know how to code myself, so I’m learning a lot from the younger crowd. I’m just a longtime gamer who always wanted to make my own games (and now I can).

2 Likes

Yeah, I can tell by how formal your comments are :wink: Thanks for the welcome, and the tips. This seems like a pretty good community that I’m looking forward to interacting with!

2 Likes

Thanks!

I’m hoping to add more levels, I want it to be a enemy-wave type game with some story, it’ll be finished by the end of summer for sure… so don’t forget to check in on all the updates!

Also, welcome to the forums!

2 Likes

I don’t like that idea, though it’s a good one. I’d rather stick with the idea of stabbing the victims with a sword (a vampire’s weapon, I read a ton of wikipedia before I added it no worries), and the idea is that the player sucks the blood after the villagers are dead.

Just added health regeneration btw. You can regenerate health by standing over a grave of your fallen enemy, the grave will disappear after 4.5 seconds and only has a 50% chance of spawning on the death of a villager.

Note: this game’s attacking mechanics has given me multiple ideas for games already, expect more projects along with this one soon!

3 Likes

Thanks! If you have any questions, feedback, or suggestions; feel free to talk to me about it!

3 Likes