The title says it all
instead of having the player guess if they’re grabbing a ledge, I just have the ledges define themselves so when the player touches them, he hangs on.
The title says it all
Great idea, and it seems to work really well!
gj I made something like this in July for a smash bros remake that I stopped working on for some reason. Your version is probably much simpler than mine, wish I had something like this when trying to make the game.
This is amazing. I’ve been looking at this for 5 hours now.
At what for 5 hours? Ledges are actually pretty easy to make
I made it more consistent and added a few things:
- An attack (J key) that can be angled downwards (turns into a small jump + attack if used when on the ground)
- A little slime emeny you can play around with
- Particle effect when landing on the ground and when you hit the ground with your attack
- A few sound effects and ambient sound
- Added water you can swin in /w splash sounds and particle effects
- Added rusty swords that are going to serve as waypoints that you can activate when you’re near them (with particle effects too)
- Added small animations for the player when walking, jumping, ect…
- More sounds for a bunch of things
Just spent all morning working on a minimap, so that’s that. It’s going to show the sword waypoints and allow you to teleport to them
Sounds awesome, does the player move on the minimap too? Only a few people have done this, so I’m interested in trying your’s.
Of course, that’s the whole point
It’s not perfect yet, at least on the behavior side, it works perfectly on the visual side though
if you enter the editor and add new swords you’ll see them appear on the minimap
Ahh, neat. I was curious before because in august silence the map doesn’t have the player moving too, I didn’t know if that was what you were doing or not.
It’s not even that complicated, especially if you just have the player
Great job so far!
Really good game!
Minimap and Waypoints
- A functioning minimap that shows you and POI’s on the map
- You can now teleport to the rusty swords you’ve activated using the minimap
(currently working on it so it might be a little wacky)
Everything works now! And the map actually gets bigger when you press “M”
- Added “Combat Rooms”, which is going to be the main focus of the game
– Combat rooms are small screen sized areas with a shrine in the middle.
– When you interact with said shrine, the room will close itself and enemies will spawn
– Right now the enemies are just blue slimes that don’t deal damage but die in 3 hits
– When all the enemies are killed within a room, the it will open again and the shrine will change color
I’m going to be working on some proper enemies next, as well as adding some sort of XP or resource feature that you’d get from killing enemies or completing rooms, and that you could then use to enhance your character
Here is what the rooms are going to look like, each will have different platform layouts, I might also add semi-solid platforms that you can fall through with [S]
- The red sphere thing in the middle is the shrine
- The pink squares are the walls that solidify when the room is activated
- The white circles indicate where enemies will spawn