šŸš€ GALACDRIVE thread (OUT NOW ON APP STORE AND GOOGLE PLAY!)!

Since last month:
-a RANKING SYSTEM has now been implemented into the game. Each time you die, after you return to the main menu, your score is added to your total all-time score. There are 17 different ranks depending on the score you have. Resetting data will not reset the rank system score! (note for forumers: 10,000 points are rewarded for killing the final boss which is why itā€™s almost impossible to hit the higher ranks atm.)
-many fixes to the text and layering systems in the menus - nothing should overlap the transitions now.
-some work has been done programming the short sequence before the final boss starts.
-new themes from logan and wyatt for the bosses! We have three left to do before the final boss and other themes.
-new sounds from yatas! Some sounds have been updated and others added. A proper ambience noise is being worked on but hasnā€™t been implemented yet.
-giganuke and superlaserā€™s sounds now play off the objects, which means they dont get cut off and actually play now.
-nerfed the gameā€™s difficulty, especially near the final boss (itā€™s still hard!)
-other minor details I probably forgot bc itā€™s been a month
This month was weird. I made two entire school games and played a good deal of terraria w a friend. as a result, this month kind of ā€œfrozeā€ galacdriveā€™s development. But now that thatā€™s all done I can get back to working on the game fully! Thanks for reading.

9 Likes

It was announced on the discord, but Iā€™ll announce here as well:
due to intense schoolwork and an in general unstable life (Iā€™m a highschool senior lol), there will no longer be weekly updates. Instead, mini announcements will be made any time something of significance has been done.

to start, arena mode now requires junior explorer or higher. the purpose of this change is to give more of a progression sense. That is all for now!

8 Likes

nice, also cool winter pfp :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Thanks! I got some inspiration from control water, made for one of the flowjams.

1 Like

HeyAllScottHereGIF

1 Like

can you add a thread to this game? like a literall thread of string. it could appear randomly like the asteroids but it would be rarer. i think it would be funny for anyone who is on this thread that plays the game.

3 Likes

Easter eggs are an idea Iā€™ve played around w a lot - I think theyā€™d be really fun, itā€™d just be more effort lol. This project has gone for so long

1 Like

Mini update: the l o n g asteroid is no more and has been replaced by a far more tolerable round asteroid like the other large variants. This will hopefully make your runs feel less RNG-ish.
(note about some more stuff in a few hrs!)

4 Likes

aw man XD the long asteroid was the most iconic one

2 Likes

skill issue

3 Likes

5a88e528513c0868f98cf2f598ca3656--emoji-faces-smiley-faces (1)

3 Likes

3 Likes

Big(ish) news! The volume issues in the main menus were a coding error on my part and are fixed now. Itā€™s still a mess on mobile (flowlab bug) but the menu music now plays properly on computers. cheers!

4 Likes

Yatas audio update!
Yatasā€™s new sounds for the game have been implemented! These include:
-powerup pickups
-zerker missiles
-repair pickup
-ambient spaceship thruster

Aside from that, more progress is being done on the final boss. Stay tuned and thanks for reading!

8 Likes

achievements update!

Yesterday, flowlab added a feature where achievements are viewable on a userā€™s page. So out of boredom (and itch to work on the project), achievements have arrived!
There are currenty achievements for:
-killing each individual boss
-reaching difficulty milestones

There wonā€™t be additional achievements after these (because itā€™s the free(web) version), but they were still fun to make :). Let me know what you think ab them.

9 Likes

I really like the consistent frames and stuff, looks really cool!

5 Likes

huh
i have to go check this out

edit: WHOA this is so cool! it makes a use for liking games!!! this update is awesome, why didnā€™t grazer announce it?

5 Likes

He did so on Discord. :moyai:

oh ok! i actually have a phone so i should be able to check discord now.

2 Likes

I am pleased to announce that GALACDRIVE has entered public beta!! The four of us have been working very hard (and keeping up with school lol), and the game is now ready for testing.

hereā€™s a link to the youtube trailer: GALACDRIVE Public beta trailer!! - YouTube

Whatā€™s left?
At the moment, what isnā€™t done is:
-a few boss themes
-the final boss
-what comes after the final boss and itā€™s theme
-a good deal of sound effects

You can learn more about whatā€™s yet to be done on the trello: Trello

If you have the time, please consider testing the game! Thank you very much!!
-GALACDRIVE team

9 Likes