šŸš€ GALACDRIVE thread (OUT NOW ON APP STORE AND GOOGLE PLAY!)!

yay

3 Likes

bro it actually feels like u buffed them

3 Likes

Rng be like that lol xD

4 Likes

I DID ITTTTT
OMGG I DID IT
my fingers are shaking :dizzy_face:

my strategy: stay in the middle of the screen, if you need to dodge an asteroid, just swerve to one side a little bit, then swerve back in. DO NOT go for every powerup. I usually grab a capital cannon then hold it until the next boss. If iā€™m very low i might occasionally go for shields/repairs, but for most of the winning run i was on 1-2 hp.

4 Likes

Aye congrats!!

2 Likes

Thatā€™s pretty much the strat I was using alsoā€¦

2 Likes

But have you found the consistent strategy to beat all the bosses and never worry about taking damage? I got 926 on my first attempt, I just havenā€™t tried again because I was worried my keyboard might break again mid-run

(And yes, I did find the consistent strat)

2 Likes

So like a hardcore challenge right?

3 Likes
My try at a no-damage run

Not the best tbh

3 Likes

Good job my friend. If this were the full game youā€™d be fighting the final boss. Pat yourself on the back :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I choked at the end, I was thinking of what I was going to write when I got 1216 and miss an asteroid heading straight towards me. Got to 520 damageless.

2 Likes

Hey all, just finished implementing the second t1 boss, Zotan. It has a 2/3rds chance of spawning (for now) and shoots homing rockets. Lemme know if it gets too hard in the later difficulties/needs changes to things. Havenā€™t added the debris sprites yet. Thank you :slight_smile:

3 Likes

itā€™s pretty easy actually. all you need to do is hold down a or d and the missiles canā€™t hit you.
i donā€™t really know how to make it sufficiently harder but it wasnā€™t that bad.

2 Likes

Uh, I can generate a shieldā€¦ o_o
ezgif-3-7bb8dee17a|129x231, 2150%
Sorry for bad quality the gif site I used downgraded it.
@sup3r87

5 Likes

thanks for the report! I forgot to remove the cheat key lol

4 Likes

Hi everyone! The second T2 boss, mortar, can now be fought. It has a 2/3 chance (for now) of spawning like zotan does. Enjoy!

5 Likes

alr, few questions
whatā€™s this button do?
also what will the ā€œCā€ button be?

and: the mortar boss looks really good and itā€™s fun :smiley:

3 Likes

unfinished stuff, but C is credits and that button toggles screenshake. More will probably be added to that menu in the future

2 Likes

Since last week:
-new boss: Zotan! Zotan is the second T1 boss, and is a UFO that fires homing rockets. Itā€™s the only boss that only moves on the x axis (and at in increased speed). On harder difficulties, zotanā€™s rockets move much faster. It has a 2/3rds chance of spawning (for now) in the game.
-new boss: Mortar! Thatā€™s right; this update is a two-for-one deal, as mortar, the second T2 boss is also being added. Mortar is a boss that launches M.I.R.V. rockets that explode into homing chunks. On harder difficulties, the rockets are more frequent and explode into more chunks, so watch out! It has a 2/3rds chance of spawning, like zotan.
-more reworks to the home screen! Buttons were rearranged around, and Iā€™m actually confident with the current setup now.
-new settings menu! Itā€™s very work in progress, but you can currently toggle fullscreen and screenshake inside it. Thereā€™s a ā€œreset dataā€ button, but it doesnā€™t do anything at the moment.
-new achievements menu! This menu will house achievements (likely to be paid version only) and the leaderboard, making it all easier to use.
-the background now has a slight black flash when the player takes damage.
-the player now has a visual shield effect when equipping the shield.
-Yatas returns! Heā€™s reportedly working on some new sounds for the game!
-some work done on the second mode, more news soon??
-difficulty ramping nerfed slightly (likely will be further nerfed based on current feedback)
-color-coded the tutorial which should make it easier to read.
-color-coded the buttons again, this time properly. Again, this shouldnā€™t need to be changed now.
-fixed some small errors with various sprites
Next up is more work towards the settings menu, and the implementation of the captain vorgar boss. This boss will likely take a decent chunk of time, since captain vorgar is a labor of love to my first major game on flowlab. Stay tuned!

5 Likes

Bosses are giant and have like, 3 times the playerā€™s health. This truly is the definition of the hunter vs the agile prey. These are the Rules of Nature.

2 Likes