šŸš€ GALACDRIVE thread (OUT NOW ON APP STORE AND GOOGLE PLAY!)!

LORE!

4 Likes

LORE!

4 Likes

[[ship log #A2-49
[[5/11
[[ship title: ā€œMortarā€ standard bomber 04
[[ship class: B

I canā€™t believe it. The Imperium has swapped sides during the war YET AGAIN. I honestly canā€™t believe either side is accepting us now that our ā€œā€"ā€œleadership councilā€""" has switched sides another time. I would say ā€œthe seventeenth timeā€ but Iā€™ve honestly lost track.
I forget why I even signed up to be a captain for the Imperium. I was promised great adventures. All Iā€™ve been doing is deploying explosives once per 50 galactic days and waiting to be stationed here and there and there and here. It feels like the Imperium just cares about going to war and not any goals in particular.
Regardless, this job still pays well. Me and my crew are headed to an enryonian outpost in the star ā€œHGC-19ā€. Weā€™re instructed to bomb any vorgar ships to bits on sight. I guess Iā€™ll do my dutyā€¦ I just hope my crew donā€™t mutiny, because they havenā€™t been taking this well either. I want this war to be over so bad.

4 Likes

The 9th and last main boss ā€œthe cubeā€ has been implemented. It currently lacks a title object but otherwise completely works. Enjoy!

4 Likes

[[craft log #01-05
[[6/11
[[ship title: Supreme captainā€™s personal bullet xylophone MK-III
[[ship class: A

I canā€™t believe it. I canā€™t believe it. I canā€™t believe it. I canā€™t believe it. WHAT is even going on anymore. WHO was managing the ultralaser on the mothership?? WHAT MORON WOULD LET A LEVEL 2 CREW MEMBER INSTALL TECH TO THE MAIN CONTROL UNIT??? I am baffled. Enraged. And in shock. I am many things. But one thing I crave right now is the short term satisfaction of revenge.
Honestly, those dumb### crews deserved to perish in the explosion. Those morons set it up for themselves. As well as the staff. As well - well, maybe not the leadership council, because everyone knows we are flawless.
When the plasma overcharged and the ship begun to tore itself apart, most of the leadership and me managed to get on this craft before it tore apart our section. At least thatā€™s the one thing on the blasted sh###ership that didnā€™t completely fail.
Some footage was downloaded to my control watch before the ship was torn apart. And I know exactly what happened. That blasted, ENRYONIAN!!! ENRYONIANS ARENā€™T SUPPOSED TO BE GOOD AT ANYTHING!! THEY SUCK!!! THEY ALL SUCK!!! ā€œCAPTAINā€ (A.K.A. Dimwit lord) didnā€™t actually die when I blew up his ā€œenforcer class capital shipā€. He somehow managed to make a fake suit and ship, sneak through the ship, PAST ALL THE SECURITY!!! WHO HIRED THE SECURITY!!! WHO F###### HIRED THOSE GOOD-FOR-NOTHING ORION-FORSAKEN C### ####### ### ######## ### ##########, to the ULTRALASER CONTROL ROOM, installed some kind ā€œTECH MODULEā€?? WHAT IDIOT WOULD GREENFLAG THAT NONSENSE!!! WHAT THE ####!! ###### ######## ####### #######!!! INTO THE ULTRALASER CONTROL ROOM, WHICH BLEW UP THE SHIP, ALL WHILE HE ESCAPED!!! HEā€™S NOT EVEN HONORABLE ENOUGH TO SACRIFICE HIMSELF!!! WHAT A F###### ##### ### ## ### #### ######!!
ā€¦It is honestly by far the most intelligent thing an enryonian has ever done ever.
I did notice the blasted c### ###### enter the hyperlane as the bullet xylophone was drifting away. Weā€™re entering the hyperlane ASAP and destroying ANY fighters of ours, because ONE of them is gonna have THAT CAPTAIN in it and HE MUST DIE AN HONORABLE DEATH. HE MUST.

2 Likes

Editorā€™s note: The above paragraph has ties to the actual lore story of the game. If you want to play galacdriveā€™s ā€œprequelā€, you can do so here Flowlab Game Creator - GalacticoS which I made a few years ago. Just know that the very end is unfinished. Thanks!

2 Likes

This guy seems mad af lol

2 Likes

Since last week:
Guess what time it is? Thatā€™s right, itā€™s update time!
-New boss: Deleter! Deleter is a t2 boss that bounces around the screen and periodically chucks out sparks. Pay attention to itā€™s moves to get deleted!
-All segments of deleter have been implemented.
-New boss: The cube! The cube is a t3 boss that sits in the middle of the screen and spawns deadly walls. It changes color when shot at and uses the mindustry block shading style.
-All segments of the cube have been implemented EXCEPT the arena mode unlock which is being done very soon.
-New theme from logan : Templeā€™s theme!
-New menu themes from logan!
-Changes to the xenith music to make it more polished.
-began work on the final cutscene before the final boss.
-difficulty nerfed: the gameā€™s difficulty factor is less, especially at the harder point of the game.
-some sound FX are preloaded now so they sync up to the game better.
-TOO MANY bug fixes. Almost all problems are fixed now, apart from an audio issue in the settings menu thatā€™s being looked at.
-Themes were added as ā€œplaceholdersā€ for bosses whose themes havenā€™t been completed yet.
-minor changes to the title
-logan and wyattā€™s credits spots have been updates (and fixed)
An important poll on long term progression will air on the discord in a few days. Stay tuned, and thanks for reading!

9 Likes

Hey all, just wanted to note that Iā€™ve been on a trip the past two days (and have one more after this) which has rapidly slowed down the gameā€™s development. On top of that, Iā€™m making an entire (private) game for a school project. As a result nothing of significance has been done and there wonā€™t be a log this week. Thanks for understanding :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Hi all,
It pains me to do this, but Iā€™m gonna have to push the weekly log back again. Iā€™ve been spending time making a game for a school project and am doing another game for a school project. My next short game will be publically playable, but otherwise nothing new. School has ramped up and Iā€™m behind due to a brief sickness period. There has been progress made, but not enough for a log. Thanks for your understanding.

Aside from that, hereā€™s some Icons I spent a few days on for the upcoming ranking system :slight_smile:

10 Likes

Those look really cool, nice job!

2 Likes

This is so cool! Such great skills with a square with no hands. Epic!

3 Likes

[[station log #0073
[[7/11
[[station title: ā€œTempleā€ local data archive
[[station class: C

Itā€™s hard to believe than the enryonian and the vorgar started another war. There is countless evidence that with the inventions of hyper laser technology, proton torpedoes, and mach-6 fighters, any war would bring M.A.D. on a galactic scale. And thatā€™s not even counting the developments the imperium are trying to make towards a ā€œfaster-than-light nuclear payloadā€. All these nations seem to only care about killing each other and not the longterm wellbeing of the galaxy. Itā€™s frusturating.
Ex-vorgar pirates have been trying to hold our data archive under ransom, so we did what we thought we would never have to do and installed a laser cannon onto the station. It can hit up to four ships at once, making it great at dealing with pirate fleets. But it still is a tragedy we have to resort to these measures just to keep our jobs and historical data.
Weā€™re going to put the station into the hyperlane for the first time in decades, to bring it to a safer area. Because we canā€™t risk anything, weā€™re gonna be turning the lasers on at the sight of any vorgar ship. The risks of them being pirates is just too high. We hope the mission goes well.

5 Likes

Hey all, the ranking system is now fully functional! The ā€œanimationā€ after you finish a run and return to the main menu is a little short, and will be adjusted before tomorrowā€™s log. Thanks!

4 Likes

oh god, the new bosses are so hard!!!

2 Likes

iā€™m a senior pilot so far. There should be a galacdrive battle bass lol :laughing:

Captain Vorgar is a genuine bullet hell. i was on 4 health, he got me down to 1 then i immediately died to an asteroid. the new bosses are really cool though, i like the temple boss that utilizes the screenwrapping

3 Likes

Nice! Thatā€™s captain vorgarā€™s jig, being a bullet hell rather than firing a really fast projectile. Itā€™s also similar to the final bossā€™s attack patterns.

2 Likes

i really liked it, reminded me of JS&B with the music lol

1 Like

I died at 1216 and thought that spriteless object had somehow killed me, then I realized that it was the end of the game. I really like all of the different bosses, really cool

4 Likes