🚀 GALACDRIVE thread (OUT NOW ON APP STORE AND GOOGLE PLAY!)!

GG

My honest reaction

Keyboard Smash GIFs | Tenor

4 Likes

Why did you break your keyboard?

3 Likes

IMPRESSIVE ART STYLE! :smiling_face_with_tear: :smiley: I STILL HAVE LOTS TO LEARN! more motivation for me to do more art!

5 Likes

i’m going to beat sup3r at his own game… if its the last thing i do…

3 Likes

7th lol how do yall get that high XD

3 Likes

Who’s this?

3 Likes

Lol try reloading my friend had that problem where me and Venndetta had the same pfp

3 Likes

My keyboard stopped working twice :cry:

4 Likes

oof that sucks

2 Likes

O: so many replies! Glad to see y’all are enjoying the new difficulty changes :slight_smile:
Note that the maximum possible score is 1216. I got JUST under that, so anyone who gets there has my respect.
The difficulty of the game may also be lowered in the future if not enough people get to that point, bc thats when then final boss appears and I want people to, well, finish the game lol

2 Likes

you should add an endless mode with randomly spawned bosses and non-progression-based powerup spawns (tldr you get all powerups) after you beat the final boss in the “story mode” (the current mode) and you get points based on how many asteroids/bosses you destroy or something :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Can’t believe I reached over 800 but then I realized that I didn’t log in lol

3 Likes

Don’t make it easier that would kinda break the fun of it. It’s nice to keep playing and try to beat your high scores.

3 Likes

nooooooooooooo

3 Likes

adding this to the trello! I’ve been trying to come up w a third mode and this cans it. ty :slight_smile:

3 Likes

acheivements??!?!

5 Likes

yes, but they’ll likely be restricted to the app store version. This game is going up on the app store for a price after all!

5 Likes

I’m definitely gonna buy this lol good luck! Let me know when it goes up

5 Likes

Since last week:
-MASSIVE change: the difficulty overhaul has been complete, with a new gameplay “loop”. the game will last longer and ramp up slower. The current maximum lightyear is 1216, when the final boss spawns. This change effectively introduces how galacdrive will play out in the full game. How far can you warp?
-the “game difficulty” affects how aggressive bosses are. They all have the same HP, but they will fire faster and bullets will travel faster depending on the game difficulty.
-finally gave attention to the progress bar. It now has an icon for the current “game difficulty”, which affects asteroids and bosses. Asteroids will still fall faster overtime, but when the difficulty goes up, asteroid falling goes up by a noticeable amount.
-progress bar on the results screen after death now works.
-pirate capital ship now spawns
-both backgrounds have been modified and the white “core” has been removed. This improves visibility and reduces eye strain.
-adjustments to the game’s UI in the home screen (ongoing)
-screen now shakes when a boss dies or the player gets hurt
-google sheet made for planning galacdrive’s progression!
-adjustments to multiple animations
-powerups spawn in sync with the game progression
-powerups no longer spawn during boss fights (as intended)
zotan, the next tier 1 boss, is set to be added next. There are also going to be new homescreen adjustments. Stay tuned!

7 Likes

Quick notes:
The asteroids have been slightly nerfed for the medium and hard phases, as in, I poured a tiny cup of water on a campfire to cool it down. It still is quite hard, but just slightly… less hard lol.

5 Likes