Galactian Mouse Orbit not working

@Galactian
Your mouse orbit example isn’t working for my sword and player… I just copypasted the code in so I’m confused why it isn’t working.

Orbiting code in the 7936th Blade object (don’t confuse it with the 7936th Blade item)
and player code in the gamougg object

1 Like

You have to modify the code to fit your game.

2 Likes

i did…

2 Likes

Ok, I will see as soon as I can.

2 Likes

Aren’t you using the Orbit example by JR01? I’m not sure if Galactian has even made an orbit example (As there is no point with the amazing work from JR)

Also the reason it’s not working is that you need to set the mouse to use Game Cords, not Screen Chords

4 Likes

alright thanks, i just saw galactian’s on the example page Flowlab Game Creator - Mouse Orbit Example

2 Likes

Oh, well that example was made with JRs.

Also, when coming across problems like this in code think about what’s going wrong.
In this case, it was the sword not being in the proper place when the camera moves. So you know it has something to do with the angle because the angle is what determines the sword position. You know only 1 thing affects the angle, and that’s the mouse position, so you look at the mouse position.

That should be somewhat of your line of thought when trying to figure out a problem

2 Likes

1 Like