Galaxian Reviews - Submit Your Games and See my Reviews

Thanks so much! The game was once able to be used on mobile but I removed that because I thought I didn’t need it, plus is the art bad? :slight_smile:

2 Likes

No, I think it’s great for the style of the game. I was just saying it doesn’t look complex or super detailed which shows that a game doesn’t need that to be great or bring an overall joyful mood!

3 Likes

thanks dino!

3 Likes

I really have improved all that with my next game, The GAME: The Game. Sorry for not clarifying these things earlier. The game is a lot like Gamougg 3 because back then I was kinda still trying to surpass my greatest masterpiece and also because it was made just a bit after Gamougg 3, but only got finished just before your review. The mixture of difficulty was probably because of the long development time and the fact that most of the later levels were made by @nhgcr_for_the_3rd_time, with me just editing his levels after he was done with them. The bouncy things in the final boss level were mostly something to make the level more unique, but I think you’ll have to ask nhgcr about that. This whole game is a sequel to nhgcr’s game, Cubetales: The Beginning, so I copied a lot of the behaviours from the first game that could be used for the next. The goal flag in Spherical Madness only spawns if you kill the boss (who is named Shredrickson) and you have to use the environment and your somewhat crazy movement abilities to reach it. You are in control of the boss because before I started using enemy AI in my games I put a default Run & Jump bundle in all the enemies to make them move in sync with the player as some form of compensation. Forge is now no longer the only other gamemode besides the main game. There is also Money Farm, Pro Levels, and Race. As for the art I didn’t want to fundamentally change the game’s art style too much so I used default sprites just the first game (which was nhgcr’s first Flowlab game). Maybe nhgcr and I will update the enemies today or something. I personally usually improve quality with my next project instead of my current one, which explains why Gamougg 4 hasn’t been released yet. If you are getting tired of me specifically asking you for reviews, please let me know.

2 Likes

Don’t worry, you’re not bothering me or anything. I’m glad to review anyone’s game, no matter how enjoyable it is. You can still submit THE GAME: The Game when you are done with it and ready for review.

2 Likes

Ok, thanks!

1 Like

The main character defeating an enemy and becoming best friends with them is a JoJo reference.

2 Likes

At long last, this game ready if you want to review it! This game was formerly known as The GAME: The Game, but I changed it because it wasn’t unique enough.

2 Likes

bru u never reviewed my game XD

2 Likes

@John_Shrekinson - thanks for the submission. I might get it reviewed soon, but we’ll see.

And apologies to everyone else if I have not reviewed your game. This week and next week, I have midterm exams, and this whole school year in general has been tough, so I took a massive hiatus. But now that winter break is coming up, I’ll be a bit more active.

2 Likes

no its okay lol its a bad game anyway

3 Likes

Understandable, have a great (multiple different periods of time).

5 Likes

shade is my first game and its in free edition.
i would really like a review of it to see how well i did my first game!

3 Likes

Also I would like a review for my WIP game:

Ik some things are really glitchy

3 Likes

Hi @MetaNinja

It took me a while to get to the end of this thread😁 Is there any chance you have time to give this try and let me know what you think? It’s not 100% done yet, and I’ll be working in it today so there might be some extra weirdness. I’m trying to get this out the door in time for the GDWC deadline on the 31st and would love feedback from anyone. It plays best on a computer. Mobile controls are still being calibrated.

Thanks!!

5 Likes

Ooop! This still has the old description from the clone on it. This version was expanded after the week long build in November. I’ll add that to my list of things to do.

5 Likes

Yes, @todorrobot, I’d be happy to review the game. I’ll try to get the review done tomorrow.

Same goes with everyone else. Sorry for the delay, I am spending time with family this Winter Break, including playing Ping Pong.

7 Likes

Oh man, I love me some ping pong!

If you do have a chance to play any Flowlab today, keep in mind, I’ll be messing around in there during the day today so if you play and things are wonky, it might be me. I’m chasing bugs and cleaning house so things are going to be in flux.

3 Likes

A tower defense I’ve been working on for a while

2 Likes

Sacrifice at Hollow Castle - By @todorrobot (and @TinkerSmith, I think)

Summary of Review - Sacrifice at Hollow Castle places you in the outskirts of an abandoned castle. It appears that your mission is to explore the castle, and explore the secrets within. Overall, the exploration aspect of the game is amazing. Even if the art of the castle and backgrounds aren’t technically yours, they are creatively used. However, I’ve played the game several times, explored everywhere that I can, and yet I feel as if I made no progress. This game can feel quite confusing at times, and with the common appearance of the evil eyes and the thief, I feel overwhelmed.

Art: [5] - As I said, the background technically wasn’t made by you, but that doesn’t harm the grade since they aren’t default Flowlab material. Plus, everything is visually appealing, and very different from the usual art style you use.
Sound: [5] - Good choice of sound effects throughout the game, and their use helps me distinguish with what is going on, or what will happen. Also, I really like the music being used. Great job to @Baconcat008 for his music!
Story: [4] - The story, if there is any, isn’t really made all that clear, but from what I can gather, the player character was exploring and came across the Hollow Castle and decided to see what awaits inside. This in turn leads them to fight against the evil that resides within the ancient building. That sounds like an interesting story to me.
Entertainment: [4] - As previously stated, the exploration aspect of the game is great. There are lots of places to see… probably more than what I have explored. But what killed this game’s chances of getting a 5 for the entertainment is the difficulty (see difficulty).
Originality: [5] - I have not yet played games like this before, nor have I come across a game where you are randomly exploring a castle and vanquishing evil, with the theme of sacrifice in the atmosphere. This is a unique experience.
Difficulty: [2] - Okay, so, I’ve played this game several times, and spent hours exploring the castle, and every place accessible to me. I’ve pressed the number keys for hints many times, fled from the evil eyes almost every screen, got mugged by the thief twice, and attempted to survive every trial that was presented… and yet I still have no idea what I’m doing, what I should be doing, or how to progress. I remember in an old description for the game that the game will be difficult but still possible. I believe that, but the difficulty is extreme. At least I have not gotten a Game Over yet.

Total Score: 4.2 / 5
Impressive work on the game, todorrobot and company! If this game earned at least a top 5 position on the Spooktober Jam, then I can confidently say that it deserved its position. Art and sound are excellent, and I can see myself and other people replaying this game over and over again to explore the secrets of Hollow Castle. My biggest concern is the difficulty. I have absolutely no idea what to do, and with the rapidly depleting skull meter, I am surprised I have not yet gotten a Game Over. Unless, I need that meter to deplete… I don’t know, I don’t want to be sacrificed. :sob:

Congratulations, and thank you for your submission!

4 Likes