Game mods featured on the website

Same as the title. I think it would be great if people could create mods for the games they like and it would be on a new front page separate from the games page. I know I would put a lot of Gamougg mods there.

4 Likes

So basically what you’re asking for is a separate game page that displays modifications that other users made to already existing games in Flowlab? I’m not exactly caught up with the idea of mods here on Flowlab, since discussions regarding it, if any, are not prevalent here in the forums.

3 Likes

Yep

3 Likes

i would like that but it would be annoying for the creator just seeing meme mods UNLIKE SOME PEOEPLE WHO KEEP ON MAKING MEMES WHICH I DONT LIKE and mods that are saying that the game sucks etc. anyways that my opinion

2 Likes

Mods are usually pretty fun, and sometimes make the game way better (take Minecraft for example, which has many of fun mods that includes features that would be worth putting into the main game). My main concern with mods is if the mod creators change the game to be way easier or way harder than what the original creator wants, or if they end up creating mods that tarnish/damage the original game’s image.
If someone makes a mod of my game that replaces lots of things with memes, I wouldn’t care all that much, and maybe I might play it… unless said mod includes some other content that may discourage other players from playing the official version (for instance, turning all the characters - even the good ones - into horrible people or something similar).

EDIT: I’m still unsure of how a mod tab would even work here on Flowlab, and who would even use said feature. Isn’t Flowlab a game development community and not a mod community? (I know creating mods needs at least some game development experience, but it’s not as creative as creating your own game. What you’re doing is taking someone else’s game and altering it, which some people do not like to have happen. It really depends on whose game you’re modding, and what exactly you’re doing.)
I’m definitely not gonna be creating mods here because I don’t like changing other people’s projects if I’m not an active member of that project’s development.

3 Likes

That’s a brilliant idea!

2 Likes

Why thank you!

2 Likes