Game review!

Try this one!

https://flowlab.io/game/view/1084850

@Simple_doge5 It is absolutely brilliant, the level design, the events, the overall aesthetic. I love it.

Sometimes i got stuck in the first level, and I had to jump to move out of the way.

I’d love to see bigger stages, the box size is a bit claustrophobic for a boss battle.

8 Slimes out of 10

Give mine a shot and let me know what you think! Thanks!

Doggo:
http://www.flowlab.io/game/play/1041947

@Wybba

I love the cat/dog motif, it is very fun to play and I have only 3 things to say against it:

1. The trees should be in the background and not colide with the dog, they don’t help you traverse the level it’s just annoying not to me able to jump while under it.

2. The bones do absolutely nothing, in other collect-a-tons they give points or achivs, here they’re irrelevant. Same as the cats.

3. Talk about seamless transitions, the cats are useless, because you can release them to fight the dogs, but then you have a much faster cat to deal with… Pointless design.

7 barks out of 10, minus barks because it feels like a great game with some limbs chopped off.

It is not done, but I’d like to get some feedback! Thanks! flowlab.io/game/play/1095375 ! And if you want, you can try my older game that IS finished, flowlab.io/game/play/1034205 ! Thanks again!

@rcreger Well it ain’t much, but it’s honest work. I love how peaceful it is.

At first i was feeling like i wanted to kill something, old gamer reflex i guess, but then the music and the whole theme of the game took me over and knew this wasn’t a hacking and slashing type of game, but a game of self discovery throught the journey of a little kid wearing his fathers suit of armor.
The books are a great idea.
The people feel a tiny bit too much like NPCS (I know I know)
The ground and backdrop graphics don’t suit this type of game, pretty sure you made them from scratch, but you can do so much better.

5 Clouds out of a sunny sky

@“Daniel Folston” , thanks for the review! And could you please suggest what some of the graphics should be like, for I don’t know where to start (And I would like to be able to do it by hand so I can use my own art) And don’t worry, if I have enough objects, I will add more to it (Not enemies, but more to the story, and there will be some sort of enemy in the end, but I won’t reveal that yet) Thanks again!

@rcreger That sounds awesome, well for starters the background looks boring, the same old weirdly shaped cloud doing rounds, Maybe add different background objects, or even an animation or two.

The ground feel off, specially when you have nice particles like the waterfalls. I don’t get how the buildings work either, it’s like a burrow, but made out of stone? is it a house? a shack? a castle? I don’t know.
And so on.

This one is almost complete, I just need to add some characters in the store and it’ll be done.
Let know of what you think! DRIVE: https://flowlab.io/game/play/938307

@“Daniel Folston” , yeah, I understand where you’re coming from, especially since you cannot see that tops of the castles/forts that would be a giveaway as of what they were. (Maybe I’ll put in some dialogue to give some clarification in the game) And when you say “ground”, do you mean the dirt or the grass? And finally, for the clouds, I was going for a look that wasn’t realistic, but like clouds you would see in a fairy tale of a sort, and I was going to add animations so they appear to be rolling in the sky. Please tell me if some of this does not seem right in design! Thanks!

@“Daniel Folston”
You lookin for a compertition?

@“Daniel Folston”
I don’t really care, just try to keep your reviews different from mine so people send it in for different points of view!

@“JR 01” Faithful clone of the Chrome T-rex game.

Love the black and white aesthetic
Love the Music and all the work “under the hood”

I dislike the concept of Jumping Cars, but that’s just me.

5 Jumping Cars out of a Busy Street

@Crigence lol

Thanks @“Daniel Folston”
Yeah, the jumping car was an early concept that somehow develpoed into its own thing(ig to be its own compared from T-rex Chrome). ALLOT of work has been put into it lately and I’m actually almost finished with it. Thanks for the review!

@Crigence, I’m trying to get a video together sooner or later so you could get a better view to re-review it.

Review this one again?
i added a new level but im still going to polish it!
https://flowlab.io/game/view/1084850

@Simple_doge5 what changes you made? I feel it the same, except now for some reason i can’t dmg the boss at the begining, maybe it’s just me.

@“Daniel Folston”

This is Old Super Mario Bros., the title alone should tell you what to expect!
https://flowlab.io/game/embed/1014431

@“Daniel Folston”

1. i added a second level
    -the second level isnt entirely finished, since i only added the game mechanics
    -which i might add more props and decorations.
  2. since everyone could kill the first boss easily, i made it ONLY vulnerable after it attacks first
    -this means you must wait for it to attack before being able to deal damage to it.
  3. i also gave the first boss a second form, making it a bit harder