Game Tags & Filters

I dimly remember it has been discussed somewhere, but can’t find it. So my apologies if this is a double up.

I propose an option that would allow a creator to add ‘Tags’ to his game.
Along the lines ‘RPG’, ‘Platformer’, ‘Shooter’, ‘Demo’, ‘Tutorial’, etc.
I imagine everyone is familiar with the concept.

Why … me lazy. I think it would make it easier to find specific games in the Games section, assuming that then we can search or filter by Tag.
Also, if that would also work on the ‘My Games’ section, that would be just perfect. Not everyone might be an excessive tinkerer like me, but dang, my scroll list is getting long …

Please support if you think that would be a useful enhancement of Flowlab

11 Likes

I completely endorse this. Promoting games, sharing games, and finding games should probably be revamped at some point to encourage looking at what others have made and this would definitely help with that

4 Likes

I love this idea! Kind of like “tags” then, similar to what you do with Gamejolt?

2 Likes

Yeah, it’s a good idea. I think it’d save so much time for lots of things, especially if you wanted your game to be found better. Right now people don’t know what a game is going to be about, and sometimes a tag is what makes them want to play it. So having genre tags would be great! Also yes, I agree about the games list tags too. I go in every once and a while and delete at least 50 lil projects at a time just to clear my list up :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

I hear you, LOL
And a day after you deleted it you need it :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yep, about how it usually goes 🥲

1 Like

I think this is a great idea! I do believe it was discussed somewhere else as well but I can’t quite remember where. It would be very helpful for finding new games similar to what you like for sure.

4 Likes