Game Update Releases

(This is a hypothetical scenario don’t worry I didn’t break Minecraft but I almost did XD)

So you’re making a game and you release an update then you start on the next update then stuff breaks while your working on it oh no all your hard work is gone! (undo’s only save so much)
So I propose a system where you “release a game update” and that’s the one people access when clicking the link (vs the one you are working on) and if by accident you break everything, then you can revert to the last update!

I know you can clone games but then it says “cloned from…” which is kinda lame

4 Likes

There is an undo button.

1 Like

You could clone it and edit the clone, then paste it into the main game. Requires extra work though.

1 Like

When I make a demo for a game I copy the demo and it says cloned from so I edit the name and delete that

2 Likes

Should I just remove the “cloned from” tag on indie games? It used to make more sense when cloning was first added, but these days you can only clone your own games, so it’s mostly just pointless.

What do you think?

8 Likes

Yeah pretty much a good idea,
also when clone was first added wasn’t it just sort of like “remix” in those other coding sites?

3 Likes

Yeah, that was kind of the initial idea. Unfortunately I quickly learned that giving everyone a button that generates a potentially massive game with one click was not a good idea. Storage requirements started to balloon quickly so I had to turn it off.

I still would like to have that as an option again someday, but it would require either a lot of work or a lot of money to make it feasible :frowning:

4 Likes

If you do add a remix button, please add a way for people to make it not possible for people to remix their game.

4 Likes

you don’t exactly need a remix button to copy other people’s games
example:(Flowlab Game Creator - Dungeon Copy)
I wanted to test custom attacks so I copied the whole game XD

3 Likes