Game updates - space runner

About: Space runner is a platformer game it is currently in development we are planning to release next month we are going to be updating the game often, and we will post updates here

(you can play the game now it isn’t finished yet, but we will work on it)

please tell me about any bugs or anything to add in the comments

update:
• You can kill enemys now (by pressing v you can use a sword on enemys)

(thanks for your support also)

credits:
coding - sharafzada
art - by hexone
testing - by my friend

4 Likes

Ok. A couple of things:

1. Name should be related to gameplay (in most cases)
  2. You make a new object every time you make a new level. This can be avoided by doing this:
    Go into the sprite library and click on the object you want to add to the level.
    Once clicked, click “add to level”, and clone your object(s) into the level
2 Likes

Thanks for telling me this i will fix it

3 Likes

Also, the naming of your blocks and the blocks that aren’t needed.

1. All your blocks are unnamed. Naming them helps when you need to organize instead of having to guess if your player was object 67 when going into a dropdown.
  2. You have a lot of useless blocks (default blocks) with ZERO code in them. I don’t really understand why you did this, but it’s best to keep your sprite library organized and sprites at a minimum.
    If you don’t know what I’m talking about:
3 Likes

Yeah, i added some of those sprites on accident, I’m going to fix it also

3 Likes

The items have been named and i will remember to

• The update is good
  • The update is ok
  • The update isnt good

0 voters

what do you think about the new update?

1 Like

It’s ok, I guess, but next time you should outline what the update includes. What features, what mechanics, new art, new characters, etc.

ok i will do that next update

1 Like

Do you like the art revamp?

• Good
  • Ok
  • Bad

0 voters

1 Like

Again, you aren’t specifying what you revamped. Many people might’ve not played the game before, so they don’t know what has changed.

Also, you should change your animation code like so:

1 Like

ok i will specify next time on a update what i revamped and i will be fixing the coding

2 Likes

Also, should I give an explanation for how this code works?
My goal is for people to learn stuff so they can use it on their own, not just give it to them so they won’t understand later.

1 Like

you can give a explanation for how it works

2 Likes

Alllrighht…
So, let’s go top to bottom.
Basically, the spacebar starts the jumping animation, which loops. However, when the player collides with the grass the animation stops.
With the run animation, you set it to loop so it doesn’t only play once (this is easier than using repeaters), and when the button lets go it stops the animation.

1 Like

ok thanks for the explanation

2 Likes

Ya welcome :upside_down_face:

1 Like

the new level is hard to make so expect it to come in a week or so

1 Like

i was wrong the new level might come out this weekend or today other updates will come in weeks to come