Gamougg Jam | First Gamougg thread to no longer be active

I’ve had this idea for a while now. I am not trying to get you to make a Gamougg game for me, I just want to see how you would tell your own taile of gamougg. As you may have guessed, the theme is anything, but Gamougg has to be the main playable character. You have until June 25th, which is about a month.

3 Likes

This is a neat idea!

I’ll make a quick game!

4 Likes

Probably the best in the series so far:

This is a joke.

(I’ll get to work on an official one when I get more time, at the moment I’m trying to get the most important features of Fauxport finished).

3 Likes

I’ve got plenty of time to make a trash game and rage at it.

1 Like

I don’t want any spoilers, but I think it’s Groovy Gamouggy time.

1 Like

0-0 it is here.
A couple things I could add with SFX and animations, but otherwise I think it’s a good start for something I chonked out in 3 hours.

2 Likes

I’m gonna need more detail here, being not familiar with the Gamougg tales myself. What is Gamougg? Who is Gamougg? Where is Gamougg from? What is his or her motivation? Is Gamougg a hero or a villain, both, neither? Are we rooting for or against Gamougg? Would the world prefer a game where Gamougg emerges victorious, or a game where Gamougg gets cut up into a thousand different pieces, lit on fire, and deposited into a vat of sulfuric acid?

3 Likes

Taile Gamougg Trilogy Here are all 3 of the main Gamougg games, these are not the spin-off ones (like his mortal kombat ones)

2 Likes

Gamougg is an undead skeleton from an unknown location. He is motivated out of boredom for the most part. Gamougg is generally a hero as he saved the world from some weird bats, Gloob Glab, Ermac and Shang Tsung. If you like heroes then yeah you’re rooting for him. That last one I don’t know, maybe they’d prefer his victory?

2 Likes

So his main motivation is boredom, but his natural tendency is to do good? Sounds like a lawful neutral or a neutral good (alignment test).

In which case, yeah I’ll root for him.

I’m a chaotic good myself.

3 Likes

Groovy Gamouggy is canon.

all the public gamougg games

4 Likes

Patch note!
You can’t save your score now. Your score resets.
You can’t spam arrow keys at the start and kill yourself.
Instead of everything triggering on a message, they now trigger on a global var.
ADDING SOUNDS SOON!

2 Likes

Yeh, it shows that special text if you get above 500.

3 Likes

Patch note!
Now you can skip the cutscene with space.
The art also got an update.

1 Like

1 Like

's cool

1 Like

Campaign mode coming question mark???

2 Likes

wdym like a story mode?

1 Like

Not really. Just songs you can go through.

2 Likes

Oh. I was thinking about interchangeable songs.

1 Like