Grappling gun help can meburningslime or someone else help

i just need help making a grappling gun for my octopus grappling game based on KUNAI

4 Likes

i would also like someone to make a game that i could copy off

What is “KUNAI”?

2 Likes

Kunai is a Japanese style weapon that is a small blade with a circular handle on the end which is preferable used as a projectile or throwing blade.

The weapon they used in Naruto a lot.

1 Like

I’ll make an example, just give me some time.

1 Like

I know that, I was just wondering what OP meant by it because they put it in all caps, so I thought it was a game or something.

2 Likes

thx for helping alpaca i loved ur life game

2 Likes

ye KUNAI is a cool metroidvania by turtle blaze

1 Like

it is also i game about a ninja robot with a rocket launcher and smg katana and grappling hook kunais

1 Like

Hope this helps, if you’re looking for something different just tell me. Or if you need help understanding something just ask. :llama:

3 Likes

im duckozas alt could you make it where it sticks to wall instead of you have to go over walls

1 Like

Added Clinging walls on second level

1 Like

thx soooooooooooooo nuch

1 Like

umm its not working i copied all the code

There are a lot of Collisions, separate objects, Extractors, Messages, and Proximities that you must not have changed. You have to adjust all those things to fit your game.

ill ask you to join in

1 Like

and edit it so you can help me

1 Like

Or just have someone explain it to you regularly :upside_down_face:
See this? This is the code inside the object called “hook”

See all those things circled in red? Those are some things you’ll have to change using the :sparkles: dropdown :sparkles: in which you literally just click on it and select the object you want. Amazing, ik. As for the extractor commands… i can’t say much for those except that there’s an easier way to do it (player sets global coordinates), but im not gunna get into those details.

Have fun,
Masked Studios

thx ill try that but if it dosent work could you help me edit that game

it kinda worked but ill show you what happens