Happy Halloween!

It just hit midnight and my gym just closed, so I’m headed home. I was thinking about spending today making a Halloween themed game for you guys since I have the day off work. Should only take about 6 hours to make a fully functional game and graphics. What are your plans for today? Most of you guys are under 18, so I assume trick or treat is top of the list.

The game: Skevolution
[spoiler] I got tons of stuff done in 4 hours. I can probably finish it in another 4 after polishing it a bit.
Skevolution is a dance action pong game that increases difficulty the more you mess up. Keep the skeletons happy and you won’t have any problems.

Use WSAD to hit dance actions for the skeletons on the left. The better you do, the happier the crowd, and you get two more dancers. It gets harder as you do better.

Use Left and Right to run and bounce bones into the air. Messing up dance moves angers the skeletons, so they throw bones at you. Don’t let them hit the ground. 5 hits each and they break.

Hit the WASD button as soon as the box flashes in the square for a perfect. In Lightning Rush, you must hit perfect or great.

Survive as long as you can, and dance on.
https://flowlab.io/game/play/744786

[/spoiler]

Who trick or treats at grade 9 and 10?
I’m volunteering for a halloween party for kids. It’s actually pretty cool, with games and fireworks (with a LOT of candy)
Also @“Mhx Ar” I didn’t know you worked out so late

@Luminous I used to trick or treat til I was 17 because I had younger siblings. I work out twice a day if I have time. Depends on my work schedule and if I’m doing any flowlab stuff.

I’m actually about halfway done with the graphics of the Halloween game. Should be done soon, then I’ll do the game logic.

Taking a short break to eat. I got a lot done in 2 hours.

I got tons of stuff done in 4 hours. I can probably finish it in another 4 after polishing it a bit.
Skevolution is a dance action pong game that increases difficulty the more you mess up. Keep the skeletons happy and you won’t have any problems.

Use WSAD to hit dance actions for the skeletons on the left. The better you do, the happier the crowd, and you get two more dancers. It gets harder as you do better.

Use Left and Right to run and bounce bones into the air. Messing up dance moves angers the skeletons, so they throw bones at you. Don’t let them hit the ground. 5 hits each and they break.

Survive as long as you can, and dance on. (I’ll post the game to the top when I’m done.)

Test the demo so far. I’m going to bed.
Press W at the right time in the box, like Guitar Hero or DDR.
Purple = Perfect
Light Green = Great
Dark Green = Meh
Red = Bad

If you get a Red, more skulls and bones fall. Currently there are only 5 blocks til I make an emitter.
Use Reds to practice multipong, or try to get all Purples while distracted with pong.

https://flowlab.io/game/play/744786

Me playing the game: I should be a musician or something, so I can make my own music

Relized just how much musical talent I dont have… Im a bonehead

Added spawner and WASD boxes. Good luck. I’m gonna sleep and work on graphics and difficulty in the afternoon.

Increased difficulty, but dropped bone break to 4. Added Lightning Rush at the music drop. You must hit Great or Perfect during Lightning Rush. To get a Perfect, hit the key immediately as the box flashes in the frame. (Should be playing Spooky Scary Skeletons Remix. If the music stops working, I’ll try another hosting site.)

i only did trick or treath once… with 11 years old. lmao.

I will try the game rn

The game is awesome BUT IM BAD! B A D

Hard…

I’m going to work on it more tonight. I’ve been busy today. I changed the buttons to make it easier, don’t worry. I keep getting WASD mixed up because I can’t remember the buttons under stress lol. I’m changing it to W-up A-left S-down D-right arrows made of bones so it’s much easier to react. It’s temporarily updated. That should help.

Added Enter for Reset and Spacebar for Pause
@grazer Timers still work while paused, so unpausing causes a mass spam of emits. I solved this by using space to reset the timer and click to play it.

What about a pause input in the timer

@“Mhx Ar”

Thats actually helpful. If that was changed, my game would break.

It can be used in pretty creative ways

Man, that Skeleton game is fantastic - the music is crazy and the shadows and layers are a really nice touch. I can’t believe you knocked that out in a couple of hours.

@grazer I wanted to knock it out in 6 hours but was busy. I got all that done in 4. I’ll finish it probably tonight and polish it. I’ll add a scoring system as well so there’s a point.

Did anyone notice the clouds and trees move, or that the moon glows? Small touches you may not notice if you’re focused on gameplay. The skulls also all chomp and all the skeletons move to the music tempo.