Help im in art block

Can someone teach me how to make more and better textures

3 Likes

maybe try pixilart.com i sometimes use it, its a suggestion but its better than flowlab’s tools just download the file and upload it as a sprite

5 Likes

@Baron_Wasteland is very knowledgable about pixel art

3 Likes

I summon the great @glowbug …

2 Likes

I’m eating mangos, what do you want?

5 Likes

Oh, well if you’re asking how to overcome an art block then I can’t really give much advice, it all depends on what motivates you. I also get artists block, sometimes it can last for weeks or even months.
But if you want to just practice drawing every day then find a “daily challenge” thing, I used to do pixel dailies and it was pretty fun!

If you just want to practice then the #1 advice to practice drawing (that I would give) is:

Plagiarism!~

What I mean is you can trace over other people’s work… what I mean is, it’s okay to practice drawing lines, curves, shapes, etc. by tracing other people’s work!
BUT PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, PLEASE DON’T POST IT.
It’s okay to trace for practice, but not for sharing, it’s what I did when I started and what I still do now, over time as you practice more and more you will learn how to make your own lines and shapes.
Practice by going from lines to curves, curves to shapes, shapes to arms, legs, head, or whatever you want to learn next.

Of course that’s just one piece of advice for practicing, there’s a lot more I could have said but there are videos that give advice, streamers that draw with their chat’s, and communities that are always there to help you or give opinions.
In the end, find something you can enjoy, there will be points in time were you might not draw for months but if you can reignite the flame that gives you power to draw then there’s no need to rush, learn at your own pace, and have fun! …or not, whatever floats your boat, maybe you like suffering, who knows?

bongo slime cat

…Ha, fools, thinking I actually know what I’m saying.

5 Likes

Ok so number one:

LESS GOO
Number two:
Absolutely agree with everything there. I’ll do the pixelart challenges every now and then, but not super often. I’m trying to seriously up my drawing skill, which is hard to do cuz I taught myself everything I know. I have a friend, which I did not expect to be good at drawing, and he showed me a drawing that was AMAZING. That’s when I realized I was bad.
You might be thinking: Soo… why did this dude just randomly vent again?
Well, everyone gets artist’s block sometimes. That’s fine. Just look at stuff around you (cringe, but it works), and try to develop your own formula for drawing things. For example, the way I draw characters is this:
H= Head
T= Torso
A= Arm
L= Legs

T width = 1 1/2 H
T height = 2 H
A width = 1/2 H
A height = (the midpoint between your knee and your waist)
L width = T width
L height = 3 H

Which basically makes everything based off of the head :upside_down_face:
It REALLY works, tho :slight_smile:

Another thing: Find. An. Obsession.
I’ve been obsessed about this one game idea since 5th grade, and 4 years later I still cannot put it down. I draw it every single day, and keep developing the story until one day… one day…
when it will be fully fleshed out

anyways that’s my advice goodbye see you later adios
See above,
Masked Studios

2 Likes

im also starting too lol, try shading, it halps alot, maybe try and uhhh use smaller blocks for starters (more pixels) its easy for beginners… like me lol

3 Likes

Thank you ive been doing what your saying and it has worked! Tysm

3 Likes

Tysm!!! It worked,that you for summoning glowbug!

3 Likes