Help with switching shooting reticles

Hey guys,

Remember my Cursor selection system in my first Vehicle Battlefield? I needed something like that in my re-make game, except I wanted a few extra features that required a different cursor object for each reticle design.

Here is my system so far. For some reason, when I spawn one object, many more objects spawn and they all overlap each other.

This can be easily seen when a shooting animation plays, when the player presses mouseclick. The best example is cursor concept 2 (press 2 to spawn). When the animation plays, there seem to be more cursors on top of the one that spays the animation, which completely recks the whole animation.

(Press 1, 2, and 3 to choose a reticle).

I figured it was a problem with my spawning code, which is shown above. What is this code doing that spawns more than one object? Game link.

Thanks for your help.
-Ember.Y

1 Like

Maybe do this? So its a quick pulse, so its not that long, and it won’t span multiple.

I need the cursor to stay permanently.

1 Like

I just had the spacebar for an example.

1 Like

What is the behaviors in?

Here are some screenshots of the code:

This is the code for the reticle object 2:

1 Like

Sorry, I meant what object are the spawner behaviors in?

1 Like

The controls object. (S).

1 Like

Would it be possible, not to have a spawner? Just maybe have the mouse objects attach to a base object?

1 Like

What base object do you have in mind? I’m trying to use as little objects as possible for this.

Would this help?

Give me a few minutes, I’m receiving help from another request (on a different subject).

1 Like

I’ll give it a test. If it works, thanks a lot. If it doesn’t, well… then it doesn’t.

1 Like

Ok, hope this works, If not, I will be making one closer to yours.

But in your code, the X and Y going into the spawners does not matter, as it will simply move to your mouse.

1 Like

Thanks a lot. This works for me.

1 Like

Ha, I just realized it, but thats my first solution on this account… thanks!

1 Like