Hey, Mr. ShadowGaming, May you help me with an AI please?

pppppppppppppppplleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaasseseeeeee?
help mmmmmmeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

I’ve been experimenting with AI recently, what do you need?

top down and one that runs away path findig,not dumb

Top-down is easy, runs away from what? and what path is it finding? Can you link the game?

if you can give more description I might be able to help

1 Like

I would need more information, but I’m going to guess by AI you don’t want an NPC that just wanders around. For an AI to follow the player for example JR_01 has an example of how to do this. If you want the AI to stay on a specific path you can use proximity to see if it’s on the path, if it’s not shooting a ray cast in 4 directions and whichever one hits is the direction it will go to head back onto the path. (This would require a custom movement, you can’t use JR_01’s example for it). If you want it to do more than just movement I would need a lot more details as to what it does and how it does it.

@ShadowGaming

so they run away from the PLAYER like those things in the hollow knight!

Get player position, If AI X is less than player X move in -X direction, if AI X is greater than player X move in +X direction. Y movement is also the same. You can also use the Random behavior to mix up the movement a bit to make it more natural. If you need any more help/this doesn’t work just ask and I’ll be happy to help :llama:

Uhhh…I dont understand a word you just said.Can you just send me the code plz? :confused:

1 Like

Yeah I’ll send it later when I get a chance