đŸȘž Hidden Depths - PixelPizza Flowjam 2023

bro
 what? First, this is not a competition, you are turning a friendly convo into something weird.

I never said it was impossible, that’s why I shared an image of the overlay with the cut-out of the skull lmao. Like you downloaded the image, and were like “nah yea Imma do this, he for sure never did this with the image” like?? As if the whole purpose of that image wasn’t to do that.

I feel like Im talking to someone who doesn’t want to listen so I don’t think I wanna continue this lmao.
There are always 30 ways of doing the same thing on flowlab, no need to be like that. Peace :v:

10 Likes

Game has a reaaly nice feel and fun

3 Likes

Unfortunately my computer was kind of lagging, so I felt it was hard to control the submarine. It looks really cool though! Your art style is always smooth and feels comfortable.

3 Likes

Hey everyone! New update!:wave:
I just made some cool updates to the game! It’s nothing major, but it is at the same time.
The game is now a lot more comfortable to play, and hopefully, it doesn’t crash or its not super hard as it was.

Update 1.1 Changelog:

:sparkles: New Stuff:

• The Leaderboard was reset, so there’s no longer my out-of-average score, and everything feels fairer.

• Skip the Tutorial Feature!!! YAY :tada: :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

And the “Most Requested feature of the year” award goes to
 :trophy:

You now have a lot of extra time to explore :slight_smile:

• Better Level Design, the areas are easier to transverse through (less tight gaps), and the ship collision box is even smaller now.

• There’s now a small & temporary icon that appears on breakable blocks when you select the LASER DRILL tool. Basically, a clue that tells the player which blocks are breakable.

Showing the LASER DRILL aim on breakable objects.

• The Lethal radiation now actually starts at the 5-minute mark (instead of slightly before), which gives you a lot more time to explore and come back. It is also less confusing.
    I plan on adding another warning later on, which should make it clear that even if you are outside the radiation zones, you will still be infected.

• You can now also reach Level 2. Since the game was so hard and buggy, it was kinda impossible to reach the second level. Now, you can explore even deeper :slight_smile:

• Boxes now don’t damage the ship, have physics, and are also breakable by the LASER DRILL. Yay fun ahah

• Fullscreen was disabled, for now, as grazer investigates why the game crashes.

Bug Fixes, Click to open

Bug Fixes: :bug:

• Touched-up Menu Controls
  • Fixed Dialogue sometimes getting stuck or not showing (I did some spring cleaning on the code, and it’s so much better now)
  • Properly Resets the Player HP when you successfully finish your mission
  • Fixed sometimes not being able to eat plants (weird bug?)
  • Fixed other small issues

I still want to update many things, but I’m working my way through the priority list.
Some performance updates are coming later on.

Thanks everyone, for the feedback so far!
Give it a try again, and let me know what do you think of it now!

You should be able to get a way better score now :smiley: Happy Exploring! :ocean::mag:

16 Likes

how did you make the dialogue on here?

2 Likes

A magician’s secret
 spells.

1 Like

Oh.

So there was a game jam? Will there be another one? PixeoPizzo.

1 Like

Game jams happen twice a year in Summer and Winter. Summer typically starts sometime in early July.

2 Likes

Hey! This time for the dialogue, I used the actual label Behavior, but used the bundles from the Label Bundle to cycle through the dialogue and animate it.

I did use the Label Bundle to make the damage Numbers and other stuff :blush:

4 Likes

great game, always fun beating your score and tryna take 1st place. good job

3 Likes

You know, this game is one of those games that does not look like it was made in flowlab. How did you make the art?

2 Likes

PixelPizza tends to use vector art for nearly all his projects.

2 Likes

This one is pixel-art so I used Aseprite. I sketched a bunch on my notepad, and then drawed on Aseprite.
@John_Shrekinson

1 Like

Thank you!!! Im so glad you like it and welcome to the forums :blush:
Also, well done for beating my Score and that #1 score ahah

3 Likes

Hey everyone!
Due to the last flowlab update, the game was closed for a few days, it crashed instantly, but it’s back to normal now.
Grazer took the time to look into it and fix it on the flowlab discord server, so thanks!

The game still crashes sometimes while you are playing due to the shaders’ use (Lighting system).
Grazer said he would look into it, but he’s a busy man, as we know, so yea, no date.
And to be honest, I might remove that feature entirely just so I can make the game decent and playable. :confused:

Thanks for reading and playing :heart:

15 Likes

Hey samuel, I wanted you to know that I couldnt even get past the first dialogue.

2 Likes

Hi, thanks for letting me know! What happened, and why weren’t you able to proceed?
Did the game crash or something else? @ifoley

3 Likes

I think so. It was the first dialogue that said “Hey Agent, Do you copy?” and no matter what button I pushed it wouldn’t go to the next dialogue. I got it to work once, but the next time I tried it did that. I think it just might be something wrong with my computer or my lag.

Actually, I just tried it again and it worked. I have no clue what’s happening. On the times that it doesn’t work the next button looks like it was clicked, but it doesn’t trigger the next dialogue.

3 Likes

Hi everyone! This flowjam, I want to rework and update Hidden Depths! :blush:
I had a specific vision for this game, and I think it has plenty of potential, so I want to make this game good and try to make it closer to what I initially envisioned.
I feel like improving this One instead of making a new game.

I already have a list of things I want to do, but I will also collect the feedback you guys gave over time.

Let’s gooo! Hopefully, I will find the time :fire:
Good luck to everyone participating in flowjam :smile::dizzy:

6 Likes

Isn’t this against the rules
?

Thought the game had it be made within the 2 weeks.

5 Likes