Hold the Line - TD Game (Currently cancelled)

The new tower art was just a copy and paste so I’m not really complaining about that, but the upgrade art got corrupted and it had fifteen different animations that all needs redone.

2 Likes

Hey @ManiacPumpkin - what do you mean by “deleted”? Are you saying that the sprites completely disappeared? Do you get the full-red “missing sprite” image?

What do you mean by the “upgrade art got corrupted”?

3 Likes

All the sprites look okay on my end :man_shrugging:

3 Likes

Alright, I’ve had this type of bug happen before and I don’t think it’s necessarily on flowlab’s end, but more of an internet issue.

What happened was I loaded up the game during school, but over half of the objects didn’t load in their sprites. I opened up the library to notice everything was invisible. I panicked and opened up the upgrade sprite to see what happened, but when I did so it saved the upgrades sprite as if it was deleted so thats probably why it disappeared. When I refreshed everything went back to normal except the upgrade’s sprite.

It’s like the internet couldn’t load the sprite in upon loading up the game, but it will save its current state when opened up. I’ve had this happen with code before.

2 Likes

Well, I probably won’t be working on any games anytime soon. Everything keeps falling apart and I’m tired of redoing the art over and over again just for it to corrupt and disappear. I’ll just wait and see what happens after this, hopefully it’s just a big and can be fixed easily, but if it’s an internet or loading issue then idk.

3 Likes

Hey @ManiacPumpkin, I’ve never done this but what if you made the art on a different, pixel art-based website so nothing would get deleted and if you want to go even further you could make a google doc and copy and paste the code from your game into it in case you do lose your progress.

I don’t even know if that’d work, just an idea.

3 Likes

I’ve had to do that before, especially with code, but it’s mainly the art that’s bugging out.

Every since my school’s iPad got updated browsers have been very trash which is probably why nothing was loading correctly on there.

Anyway I needed to redo the tower’s upgrade art, since it seemed kinda thrown together.

4 Likes

Since I have to forcefully change the sprites of the basic tower, I want to host a poll to show what I should actually change the overall art to.

• Make towers evolve into Futuristic Architecture
  • Make the towers evolve, but stay primitive

0 voters

I currently have the towers upgrade into futuristic monsters that really didn’t belong in the overall art style, but looks interesting to show that it has upgraded. like the mobile game, Boom beach.
Or should I have the towers grow a little bigger with more advanced art to show it has been upgraded, but still remain the basic wooden tower or maybe even a stone foundation for it. At least it would match the art style, but wouldn’t have much of a dramatic change for the upgrade, but by doing this decision, it might include more upgrades.

Pings

@The_KWASM, @DeadlyGumChewer, @AbstractGallery, @DraftyScienceCoat75, @hihilogic, @00T_Free.

4 Likes

another boom beach enjoyers I see

3 Likes

Well…

Every animation I had in the game got deleted, so I have to redo everything.
Currently the game is broken beyond repair because of stupid loading issues.
Good thing I had to redo the art, but now I don’t have anything to base it off of since everything is gone.

Tower one got deleted again. @grazer do you have any solution to this? I can’t work on anything since it keeps removing all animations and art no matter what I do.

4 Likes

Oof, flowlab hates my games as well.
Do you have free version? Maybe it’s trying to comprehend the fact that you’re operating on free version but still have more than 3 games…

4 Likes

That might be why. I have free edition with like 12 or some games, but I don’t think I should be punished for it. Since what if someone had indie, but stopped paying for it after a while and it moved their account back into free with more than three games. Their game shouldn’t lock up and remove all art that you try to work on.

4 Likes

I’m gonna put the game on hold for a little bit, mainly since flowlab doesn’t work for iPad anymore. The art keeps getting corrupted and there’s no point in working on a game, just to redo everything minutes later.
I could use my home computer, but I usually use it for other stuff since I don’t have much time at my own home, but I have extra time during school like study hall and such, but my school iPad don’t work apparently, so Imma have to wait this out, whatever it is.

8 Likes

lol me and someone else popularized td game making on flowlab like 8 months ago and it just sprouted up outta no where last month and i’m personally working on one myself which u know lol!

6 Likes

There is nothing in Flowlab that will lock your game, or anything like that when you cancel Indie, so this for sure is not intentional.

6 Likes

I am still pretty confused about what is happening, to be honest. When a sprite cannot be loaded, it will be displayed as a solid red block, not an empty sprite.

I could use my home computer, but I usually use it for other stuff since I don’t have much time at my own home, but I have extra time during school like study hall and such, but my school iPad don’t work apparently, so Imma have to wait this out, whatever it is.

So this only happens on your school iPad, while on the school network? Does the same problem happen on your iPad while you’re at home?

6 Likes

I haven’t tried using my iPad at home, but I could try. Like I said I have a lot more time at school than I do at home.

What happens is that everytime I edit a sprite everything seems okay, but when I refresh the page, every sprite I opened up will disappear and remove all animations. Heck, all animations in the entire game disappeared so now all of the towers are invisible.

It started doing this when the school forcefully updated the iPads and ever since then browsers don’t work correctly. They keep bugging out.

I haven’t even bothered fixing the game since it deleted literally everything important to the game so that could be another reason I haven’t attempted at my home.

2 Likes

I’ve also noticed flowlab logs me out quite frequently (like a few times a day), and I’m starting to wonder if maybe it logs me out while working on a game, causing stuff to remove.

2 Likes

I’m beginning to get the impression there is something happening with either your school laptop or school network that is causing these issues.

Also - did you post a link to the game? I’m not seeing it.

3 Likes

I took it down because it was falling apart, it seems to be working somewhat alright for the most part today, but if you look at the curser object and Tower 1’s animations are gone.

3 Likes