Horrible lag on mobile

I’m working on a game that runs smooth and takes about 10 seconds to load a level. However, I tried the game on my phone and had about 1 fps with almost 50 seconds to load the level.

does anyone know how i can solve these 2 problems?

1 Like

That’s crazy, it’s as if phones are way smaller and have less processing power and live memory :astonished:

1 Like

Sorry, Agent Y’s sarcasm is as powerful as the Master Chief punching a Grunt.

Mobile devices have much less processing power due to their size. If you want to make a game work on mobile I recommend making the game and levels smaller and optimizing it better. Using less complex alternatives for behavioral functions may also help quite a bit.

2 Likes

That’s literally what I just said

1 Like

Well, he said it in a much more friendlier approach.

2 Likes

Why don’t you go look for the alpha slider that didn’t change, alright

1 Like

Tbh, I don’t know any actual solutions that could help reduce game lag on mobile devices. one thing you could so is maybe limit the amount of coding or colliding objects in the game. I know raycasting doesn’t load up to well on mobile devices.
I guess it just kinda depends on what type of device you can use.

2 Likes

Often when games are loading slowly and running poorly on mobile only, it turns out to be a case of overly large sprites/animations. Do you have many very large sprites, or large sprites with many animation frames?

3 Likes

yes i have, i tried to make them move only when they were in view, but i think it would be better if i spread it over several levels.

thanks for your reply!