How to make good sonic like movement

Here’s a pretty good example Flowlab Game Creator - Sonic the Hedgehog

1 Like

Well it only has one speed where in sonic his speed builds up and thats what im looking for

1 Like

you could use a motor, or some ease behaviors linked to velocity

1 Like

im still completly new so i have no idea what an ease behavior is lol

1 Like

yeah, the ease behavior is in Logic & Math, and it “eases” between 2 numbers to create smooth transitions between numbers, transparencies, and speeds of objects. like sonic would “ease” smoothly from one speed to a higher speed

(A little off-topic)
Oh your new, I wrote this a month ago and it has some good points on how to become a good game developer

@kkstrain1 summoning
(Sonic fan, knows how to Sonic in Flowlab.io)

2 Likes

what does that mean?

so how do i link it up properly? do i make two numbers, link them up to from and to and then link velocity to out?

yep, exactly

im having a problem so ill send you my code. the speed value wont stop when i let go of the d button

1 Like

If you still need my help let me know I’ll send you a screenshot of how I did mine.
Here’s my game for example: Flowlab Game Creator - SONIC ECHO

1 Like

Also if you don’t mind, could I have the link to your game?

wow really great game @kkstrain1

1 Like

thank you!! It’s far from finished so it’s a little buggy

1 Like

i “summoned” another user to help you because they know stuff

2 Likes
2 Likes

im using ease triggers

2 Likes

1 Like

Here’s a way you can do it: https://drive.google.com/file/d/15OUGg2Zkp9lfFLsBy87C-cTEVTX8J3hY/view?usp=sharing

If you copy my settings I don’t mind but keep in mind that I have things in my game that aren’t in yours, so that can affect the settings. It’s best if you copy from the video above. If you have any questions let me know.

1 Like