How to make things fall faster

Its me again! I’m currently working on a boss level and trying to get my evil guy to jump up and then fall down quickly onto the player every four times the player hits him, like a stomp! So far I’ve been using a y-velocity to force him down 1/10 of a second after he jumps, but I feel like there’s a better solution?? If there’s not then rip, but definitely help if you can, please and thank you!

2 Likes

You can use the impulse behavior to make it a bit more easier but other than that there’s no need to change it.

2 Likes

I agree with @glowbug that an impulse might be more like what you want, but you don’t say what you dislike about the current y-velocity solution you have.

2 Likes

the thing is im using impulse to go up already, and it’s working great! The issue is when the boss comes back down, he’s floating and it’s taking a bit to long for it to feel like he’s slamming down on the player. The y-velocity solution is kind of teleporting him down, which isn’t too bad, but it still doesn’t give me the same feeling as just falling faster downward

1 Like

You can still use the impulse…

yep, figured that out an hour or so ago, I was confused bc I thought ppl were saying to use impulse just to go up, not to go back down. thanks tho bro :pensive: :pray:

1 Like