I am new do not click pls unless you can help

I’m also happy to help (when I can)

This is my latest game

I dont have a ton of experiance but some how I made an inventory system,a turn based combat system,another turn based combat system,and a boss or two,maybe 3

Goodness thats an old quote from me, but its still true.

For comparison,
this is the first game I’ve ever made in Flowlab.
And below that is my newest game in Flowlab:

6 Likes

i tried making a top down game for my first game,didnt know what a infinite loop was back then and I deleted the game,other than that a ton of people made mario games first

I think I tried to make my first game multiplayer that game lasted like a week before I deleted it.

Some advice that I once heard that it isn’t a good idea to make some HUGE project as your very first game. Instead, create a small, simple game. Maybe recreate another game like Super Mario Bros or Snake. My very first game was a recreation of Color Quest, which is a Flowlab game (I later deleted because it was just a test run of what I could do with Flowlab). Once you have the hang of game development, then you can move on to your huge project.

thank you guys i will keep in mind

Try out different types of games to find your strong suit. Platformer, Bullet hell, Top-down RPG, Turn based RPG, Sandbox. All of these and more can be made in flowlab, although like other I recommend to start with a platformer as they are the easiest to make

Yes for sure i am making a platformer right now, getting my info from jr01 posts and YouTube

1 Like

If you need to make doors that can be unlocked with keys you can use my game as an example

Game link: https://flowlab.io/game/play/1429868

better than who???

oh, ok i dont really know about that

Knowing two computer languages isn’t really a strong argument to claim that you are a better game developer. It’s an impressive feat, but unless you have other evidence to prove your position, it is a really weak argument to make, since knowledge of multiple computer languages doesn’t automatically make you a better game creator.

3 Likes

Uh, I thought you were helping, but talk away

1 Like

Can you send a link to your first game?

push through with persistence and dont give up. dont be afraid to ask the community for help.

Sorry guys I have had hardly anytime to talk or work on much. I am sure this happens to everyone, but you really don’t have the time to do anything @Cuts_ups not finished, and still trying to learn https://flowlab.io/game/play/1511394

Its good for a first game, When I created my first game I did not even know that there was a camera black lol

Are their people who play your games and just give feedback. I probably wouldn’t submit this game, but in the future

Yes, there are people who conduct reviews of other people’s games. There are a lot of them, but some have been closing like crazy mostly because people are getting busy these days. One that is currently active is The Crigence Critique by @Crigence.
He does a good job with giving good criticism and reviews, so I’m sure that once you are ready to submit your game, you can go ahead and do so there (although he only reviews games once a day because he’s busy).