I can't test in the behaviors because all it shows is black

I am not a hundred percent sure if this is a bug or something else, but ever since I have upgraded my account from free mode to indie I have not been able to test behaviors. If the block is not in the first frame of the beginning of the game, then all that will show up when you try to test actions is a black screen. This happens in all layers, and I think it may be connected to my dialogue issue (dialogue doesn’t show up unless it’s in the first starting frame of the game). Restarting my laptop doesn’t work, logging out and then in doesn’t work, and neither does using a whole other laptop. I’m worried that this issue will cause my project (that I intend this game to be for) to be late. Is there anything I can do? Game link: Flowlab Game Creator - Math Quest

1 Like

Are you viewing this object outside the viewing window? This is also happening to me. The starting background object, or the viewing window, for some reason when you are editing an object far away from the starting area, then click play test to watch the code in action, you are unable to see anything, unless you viewed the object over the viewing window. I wasn’t sure this was a bug, but just something that happened, but now that I think about it, I don’t think its supposed to be normal.

@grazer?

2 Likes

Thank you for your reply! How do you work around this? I am viewing it outside the viewing window which probably aligns with what your saying. It’s making the behavior part of the video game really hard to do. Not to mention I can’t add any dialogue past the viewing window as you said.

1 Like

What I found out was that you move through the map until you are back over the viewing window, then play test the object by opening it’s editor through the library.
Its really painful if you are coding and playtesting a specific object type, but if you are testing all the code in an object then that seems to be an easy work around.

2 Likes

That is very helpful thank you. I have resorted to just moving anything I want to test to the start of the game in the viewing window and then if it works, I move it to where I want. Still trying to figure out the dialogue though. Using all the luck I have lol.

2 Likes

Dialogue is a pain. That’s actually what I’m currently working on now as well, lol.

2 Likes

Gosh I’ll sacrifice some of my luck. Good luck! Using caffeine and YouTube to get through this lmaoo.

2 Likes