I FINALLY DiD IT! CELEBRATION TIME!

My hard work has finally paid off.

After all this time, one of my biggest goals has been completed: to draw anime in Flowlab. I’m gonna summon my anime friend real quick @117JOJO (he likes this game too).
PGR Qu Pavo
This is the character Qu from the mobile game, PUNISHING: Gray Raven. With this goal, my biggest struggle was always the eyes. I just had to realize that I had to make my art style just a bit less realistic in order to capture the anime style of the game.

Upscaled Sprite

I used a bunch of reference images from this website. Do you think I successfully accomplished my goal? I believe I have.

8 Likes

You like one piece? It’s my fav anime

2 Likes

It’s not really anime, but more just a sprite similar to your style. Though I wouldn’t listen to me, I don’t watch any anime and I probably am wrong about this, but I still think it looks exactly like your normal sprites. I also recommend adding some shading, and making the face less rectangular.

3 Likes

I’d have to agree, it’s an anime character, but not in an anime style. Still cool though!

1 Like

Not really; I don’t have the time to watch it but I’ve heard its good.

Is there any way I can make it look like anime then?

I’ve done that already.

How can I do this?

Thank you!

Is it really that hard to stray away from default flowlab space man guy?

2 Likes

This is the way I draw my characters. They all come from Gamougg, who came from the Kenney.nl alien.

1 Like

(have to agree, it’s one of my favs and I’d argue that it’s the best shonen ever)

1 Like

“Is there any way I can make it look like anime then?”

look up r e f e r e n c e s
you can learn all the technique you want, but you’ll still need references

I will say, anime style is p difficult to get with a low resolution, but I’d suggest make the body type not weird robot A pose. look up what anime body types look like and try something similar in pixel art

4 Likes

Also I’m a seinen guy so I don’t watch that stuff (please discuss anime further in the OTC if you wish to continue).

Thanks. I did that, but I don’t really get how to create an anime pose in 32x32 pixels, which is my operating and drawing specialty.

3 Likes

check this out

4 Likes

Anime you say well well well

3 Likes

The alien isn’t actually a good character, you shouldn’t be basing everything you draw on that.
He’s facing right at the camera, which doesn’t lend itself well to platformers and 2d games in general

3 Likes

There are plenty of 2d platformers out there with actual good chararcters that you could be basing your pixel art off. And there are plenty of tutorials for that too

3 Likes

But I want them to stare into your soul

Thank you! That was very helpful.

3 Likes

no

1 Like

Spiderman Thats It GIF - Spiderman Thats It Gonna Cry GIFs

2 Likes

I’m going to hurl internally

2 Likes

Peter Parker Im Gonna Put Some Dirt On You Eye GIF - Peter Parker Im Gonna Put Some Dirt On You Eye Mad GIFs

2 Likes

I wanna flag this but it wont let me

1 Like