I need help here items not giving id (Solved)

once you smelt something you pick it up and when you try placing it, it places a null block (id 0) with the correct amount
can someone just go through the code and find the problem I’ve been stuck for an hour+

to test the easiest thing to smelt is a wood log (into coal)
stay in the inventory when smelting!

3 Likes

Where would I see the object ID?

1 Like

in the “furnace” object in “furnace data” bundle in the “smelt” bundle in the “output” bundle (this sends it to the finish slot)
in the UI layer “Crafting/Smelting Finish” object in the “furnace data” bundle (this sends the data to the mouse object to pick it up)
in the UI layer in the “inventory item” object in the “Item Detector” bundle there are 4 bundles each allows the plaer to siwtch items (the one in the slot and the one in the hand) and the half bundle (allows you to take half of object) the combine bundle which combines the hand and the slot and the drop 1 bundle which drops 1 item out of the hand

THE ONE I THINK IS BROKEN IS THE SWITCH BUNDLE
cause it inputs a 1 before switching them (and it’s supposed to input the id of the hand)
Exhales that was a lot of texting

2 Likes

also might want to refresh it now I just broke something and just fixed it (for testing)

2 Likes

also, it works for the first item but the second breaks and so on
if you switch it with a normal coal they switch slots then are good

2 Likes

When you place the coal with right click it works fine

2 Likes

When you pick up wood those numbers go to 0, when you place it goes to 5 (If you right-click it stays at 0).
When you pick up coal the number stays at whatever it was before you picked it up, and when you place it no new number is being outputted, but right-clicking does it correctly for some reason

2 Likes

I’m Truly An Idiot…
I saw that it worked if you waited like 5 sec before placing it
I remember what was wrong when I copied the data from the craft to the smelt I saw a message named read and I thought it meant reading the crafting grid (I made it a while ago and forgot) but it actually sends current values to the slots yeeeeaaaahhhh so I added that and guess what it works … I’m retarted…

3 Likes

Other than that weirdness can you find anything else? thats buggy or weird (refresh and test before answering)
sorry refresh now (i had to revert testing breaks)

2 Likes

The code is really complicated and large so it’s easy to forget/overlook things. I’ll look for bugs rn. Also, technically it’s charcoal, not coal.

2 Likes

I know but like you said a lot of code I figgered there isn’t a difference so its fine

2 Likes

also some known bugs

• if you open and close the furnace really fast it deletes the items (or at the wrong moment)
  • the furnace is always showing the fire animation
2 Likes

When crafting sticks the number of sticks is at the top right, not the bottom right. (Haven’t played Minecraft in a while so maybe that’s how it is when crafting)

1 Like

hmm that’s the menu sometimes it will not reset positions (they move up and or down when opening a crafting table or furnace)
(I haven’t been able to reproduce it when in the editor though soo ill figure it out later)

2 Likes

k its fixed!

ima work on the fire animation next

2 Likes