I need help on this ladder! Please! Thank you!

So I found this ladder example and there is one problem. When the person goes on the ladder, he cannot go way to the top, otherwise he gets stuck. I continually tinkered around with the ladder in trying to solve this Problem, and IT DOES NOT WORK. Can anyone help me?
Game: Flowlab Game Creator - Ladder example

1 Like

Use a Proximity instead of 2 Raycasts if you want to go over the top.

1 Like

This seems to me like a friction bug. I’ve experienced something similar on my games, where passing too close between two objects will send my character sliding.
I do not have rhyme or reason for you, but I do think you should create a different ladder system. The one you’ve been working on may provide issues down the line, simply because of how clunky it seems. For your purposes, I would add a linear ladder movement (only up and down), or an automatic one (where your character does it for you), but this is just my opinion.
Anyway, best of luck! I hope you find a good solution!

1 Like

I dont see a bug, the sliding is because the player has no gravity.
Using a motor creates artificial gravity, but its turned off when you touch the ladder.

The player slides because there is nothing to push itself on the ground while your on the ladder.
A suggestion is to use x+ in the position to move on the ladder.

That makes sense. Thanks for clearing it up!

1 Like

So I should attach a new type of logic to the Position block?

1 Like

Um, I can’t get this to work for some reason. The player won’t jump up at all. link: Flowlab Game Creator - Game Examples (3)

1 Like

Hey @Tim01 - the jumping isn’t working because the Raycast check (in the Ladder bundle) is failing. It looks like it was pasted in from another game, and the type wasn’t updated correctly.

If you select “Any Type” it should start working again. I know it says “Any Type” already, but that’s because it’s set to a type that doesn’t exist in your game. I know that’s a bit confusing, and I need to fix it - sry.

2 Likes