If there were more anime games on Flowlab, would you play them?

No problem. :slightly_smiling_face:

This has made me realize

2 Likes

I’m not against anime style games and I’m sure some are probably really good, but after seeing some anime games on steam (basically hentai without any warning), I can see why many people, including myself, would probably skip over anime games since many appear to the male fantasy and overall give the anime theme a bad rep.

Many people make fan games over their anime and try to make them very mature to the point even adults shouldn’t watch play them. I don’t think you plan on making anything near that, but it’s an example why I don’t necessarily hop on anime games the second I see one. Most are dating sims or something and none are very good.

I don’t mind if you start making a game or not, Anime is just an art style and if the game has a good story and plot, then I would definitely play it. Most anime games are more categorized by the fact that it’s just using anime to lure people into a mature or very poorly made game (clickbait) then I don’t. Some claim to be a popular anime just so the fan base can ruin the original with their own version, which could be rule 34 or other.

I enjoy anime and am currently finishing attack on titan and starting Dragon Ball Z, but I feel that over the many years of degenerates, many people dislike anime because it’s slowly turned into something horrific by a majority of the fan base.

4 Likes

Based.

:100:. I’m a trend/expectaion reverser so maybe my game will appeal to the female fantasy instead. Yeah I skip over most anime games too and only consider them if they ain’t sus.

:100:

:100:

A conclusion more solid than Snake, totally agree.

3 Likes

I was on steam earlier and saw a random anime game that looked somewhat suggestive, but I wasn’t sure what it was about. After clicking and viewing just the thumbnails I got immediately flash banged and there’s not enough eye bleach in the world to rid the pain from my soul.

At least on steam, stay away from any anime games.

3 Likes

I don’t use steam so I’m safe, I also don’t play many games so I have A++ protection

3 Likes

I mean, there’s many great games on there, but you have to be careful when your age is 18 or older, lol.

4 Likes

I would look closer to console titled anime games, such as DBZ, Demon Slayer, My Hero Academia, and Naruto (most are fighting games). But also the fan-made games of Touhou projects are usually pretty good too.

If you want to compare “anime” and “well animated”, then more people would play it like Glowbug’s game from the Flowjam, TENHP. Flowlab Game Creator - TENHP

7 Likes

As an expert in that field, (not steam specifically, but like, you know) I can successfully dig through the garbage to find treasure. I’ve already done it unintentionally a bit, like Neon White.

3 Likes

I mean I would like to see a anime based style game with cool fighting action stuff.

4 Likes

personally that’s my reason for not watching anime

Haven’t played any games in this style, although I know games such as the Persona series follows the style and I have been recommended to play it a lot.

I’m not contrary of any sort of art style, as someone had mentioned before, it depends on the substance of the game for me. Same comes to actual anime - I don’t watch a lot of it, but I would only would watch if it had decent storytelling and characters. Animation quality is usually on par to others, but if its great animation its a good bonus.

So first and foremost, before deciding on how it looks, I’d say first decide how to make it a good game.

5 Likes

Well, there are some really good anime that don’t depict that, but most anime were generally made for mature audiences, kind of like adult swim, but Younger children are attracted to it because it’s a cartoon. Kind of like my futurama addiction back in the day. (Great show, I’d even let my kids watch, lol.)

But some people take it to the extreme and have to add interesting scenes to make the anime unfit to watch on the big screen and some are way worse that shouldn’t be allowed on the internet. I even watched a pg anime on netflix and it had a interesting situation that I would rate mature. It didn’t show anything, but it’s the thought that worries me.

2 Likes

This seems really cool!

What how that was i was about to do!!! I was about to make a anime game… Want a peak? here

I need some adjustments to it but it looks okay?

4 Likes

Still need the body so yeah

I would recommend shading for the hair and clothes, and the mouth would look better if it wasn’t black, if it was lighter it would look great.

epic art btw i could never draw like that :100:

2 Likes