I'm having trouble with level design, any ideas?

I’m really struggling with level design. My game is gonna be a puzzle and i can only make ultra hard parkour and thats about it :frowning:

I was wondering if any of you pros out there could give me some ideas.

Here are the core components of my game.

Pressing Q: Acts as a toggle between the real world and the virtual world. Movement in each world transposes to the other.

Virtual Purple Blocks: Only exist in the Virtual world.

Pushables, Pressure pads and doors. : May come in different colours. Can be pushed to make jumps or onto pressure pads to activate doors. (Perhaps coloured pushables go with coloured doors and pressure pads?)

Spikes: Kill you. (These are currently a WIP)

Any help would be much appreciated, thanks guys! - camiwami

3 Likes

Can you give a link to your game? I could help :slight_smile:

1 Like

I don’t think you need anything else with this! Try adding some cool things like levers, and draw inspiration from other games! This is really good, btw.

2 Likes

Thanks! I’ll add levers! Also I’m gonna add coloured pushables and doors and pads and levers!! (wow that was a really long sentence lol)

2 Likes

You wanted to travel between different dimensions.

Whenever you press Q, have it extract the X and Y positions and then bring you to the level that is the alternative dimension. When there, set the X and Y coordinates to what is saved.

1 Like

For pressure plates, set the object to “not solid” but “collidable.” Then activate whatever you want with it when it toucher something.

1 Like