Summer 2022

3 Likes

wait isnt there a spring right???

2 Likes

no

3 Likes

Tbh they should add a spring

2 Likes

I think the reason there aren’t more flowjams is that they are quite expensive (Xbox Series S’s and Nintendo Switches don’t grow on trees). But I would be cool with more flowjams without prizes, or with much smaller prizes (for instance, just throwing this out there, a few months of indie…)

6 Likes

or like 5 years of indie XD

3 Likes

Well Grazer does need money

4 Likes

yeah, thats why I said a few months, lol. Perhaps even a year (it would surely still be cheaper than buying a console)

3 Likes

you are right the reason i asked this is because i thought i saw someone with a spring winner badge

1 Like

It’s true that they are not cheap - I have other expenses besides the prize as well.

The bigger issue is that managing it actually takes a huge amount of time from me that detracts from improving Flowlab itself. Even though one is over, I still have more stuff to do before its “done” (ship out the prize, update the home page winner banner, etc). There is no way I can do them more often.

I also think that the more of them there are, the less interesting developers will find it, and fewer folks will participate.

The good news is that there are game jams happening literally all the time (@todorrobot’s game was entered into Flowjam and another one at the same time for example). If anyone is ready for another game jam, check out the huge list of currently running ones here: Game jams - itch.io

10 Likes

why dont you get someone to help you with that stuff?

1 Like

Probably because people are expensive, lol

1 Like

werl you could get someone who already plays flowlab and enjoys it and is willing to do it for free…

1 Like

Good point. Ngl, if I had more free time, I would absolutely be willing to do it for free, lol

2 Likes

yea same here

i would also agree and i do have freetime but sadly [no]

1 Like