Im still confused

how to multiply 1 level monsters with waves, does the question make sense :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Are you asking how to spawn new monsters? I’m still new here, so I haven’t tested the spawning thing yet, but I’m about to for my Flowjam game. To create waves of spawns, my best guess is that you will want to connect timers to your spawning blocks. If you want to create more enemies in each wave, you could try setting the timers like this:

Wave one: spawn once
One minute timer in between
Wave two: spawn once, then a 1 second timer, then spawn again.
Then another one minute timer in between.
Wave three: spawn once, then a 1 second timer, spawn again, another 1 second timer, spawn again. followed by a 1 minute timer.

So wave 1 will have X number of enemies spawn, wave 2 will have 2X number, wave 3 will have 3X, etc.

There might be an easier way to do it, but so far, I only know how to do things manually (which is time consuming, but it works).

3 Likes

TGW has a great way, but it depends on your availability to skill level though your game. If you want to have new zombies each wave, do what TGW said but ALSO add new zombies. Pretty much self explanatory-

1 Like

Right new monster,
Wave one: spawn once
One minute timer in between
Wave two: spawn once, then a 1 second timer, then spawn again.
Then another one minute timer in between.
Wave three: spawn once, then a 1 second timer, spawn again, another 1 second timer, spawn again. followed by a 1 minute timer.

So wave 1 will have X number of enemies spawn, wave 2 will have 2X number, wave 3 will have 3X, etc.

But how about that way :sweat: ??

2 Likes

To add new monsters, you will want to add new spawning behaviors that activate when the next timer triggers. Say you want to create two different kinds of zombies. Level 1 zombies that are weak and slow, level 2 zombies that are faster and harder to kill. Set the first timer to trigger 1 wave of level 1 zombies. Set the next timer to spawn a wave of level 2 zombies (or a mix of both).

One of my personal favorite functions is the randomizer. Say you have multiple different enemy types, and you want them all to spawn at random. Connect a randomizer and filters to trigger when the timer runs out. Set randomizer with values based on how many different enemies you want to spawn… Connect to an equal number of filters. If value is equal to 1, spawn enemy type 1; if value is equal to 2, spawn enemy type 2, etc. Or say you want the game to spawn mostly enemy type 1, and only a few of enemy type 2. You could set the randomizer at 1-5, with values of less than or equal to 4 spawning enemy type 1, and value equal to 5 spawning enemy type 2. That way you have an 80% chance to spawn type 1, and a 20% chance of spawning type 2.

2 Likes

that’s what you said
should it be in behavior :thinking:

1 Like

Timers are under the trigger category. Random, switches and filters are under logic and math. I do pretty much all of my code manually, I don’t use behavior bundles. If you’re looking for a bundle, I’m sure someone here could make one. My code is all spaghetti and it would be hard to explain. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

I understand sir,you are my sir :wink:

1 Like

I’m glad I could help! I can try to give a more detailed explanation once the Flowjam contest is over, I just try to only work on one project at a time.

Good luck with your game!

2 Likes

ok good luck THE GAME WOLF, And I won’t give up :+1: :+1:

1 Like