In Screen behavior in background layer

I think the in-screen behavior would be useful in the background layer. Could it be added there?

4 Likes

Just curious; what kind of uses would this give us?
Normally I just make a non-collidable object and then give it In-Screen and display 1.
But it doesn’t make sense why In-Screen isn’t in there. I don’t think there would be anything wrong with it.

Yes! It would be usefull in every layer!

1 Like

How would it work for UI layer?

1 Like

You can move things outside of the UI layer. Actually JR01 made a bundle that kept the UI object like it was in the game layer, by adding camera coords.
I can’t remember why I needed it, but I did at one point.

1 Like

I agree with Overma, the In-View Behavior would be useful in every layer.

1 Like

Tip for this, you can copy and paste the in view behavior from another behavior into a ui/background behavior

2 Likes

To have it on hand, put it in a bundle

Nooo wayyy.

NO WAY!
I knew one could do that with proximity, but not in-view.

(Pug again shocks me with his load of wisdom.)

It doesn’t remove it? Wow.

I know right?! this is groundbreaking stuff!

In my game, I put the environment sprites into the background. Some of these sprites have animations, but I only want them to play if they are in view (to minimize data usage)

1 Like

This is handy! Thanks for the tip!

1 Like

Ohhh I understand now. I would do the same thing honestly.

1 Like

Huh. I knew it worked for proximity, ( I have used this for a player count ) but not all bundles, like collision. I will store this in the back of my brain, lol. Thanks!

2 Likes

Yeah a decent number of behaviors can be pasted, works for Ray Cast too and probably a dozen others.

2 Likes

I thought Raycast only worked on Collide able objects?..

You can detect other objects with collisions, so a UI Layer object can find a Game Layer object. It’s the same with how you would use Proximity

2 Likes